Chameleon is looking for a Medical Writer to join our London office to help us meet the challenge of our current success and realise the potential of our rapidly growing business. We exist at the cutting edge of science and medicine and are keen to meet potential candidates to introduce Chameleon and discuss these roles further.
We offer opportunities to work on blockbuster and niche products, on publications accounts and innovative educational programmes. Most of our accounts are global and involve close strategic partnerships with our clients, providing excellent opportunities for writers interested in developing their skills in strategy and client counsel.
Chameleon’s continued strong growth, combined with a commitment to training and development within a supportive environment, offers unrivaled career development opportunities.
At Chameleon we operate an agile working environment, with home working and flexible hours – and we have some excellent benefits, because we know how important wellbeing at work is to our teams. The work we do is rewarding and we actually see how it positively affects people, in real time, with our ‘Work with a Purpose' Patient Webinars. This is where we get to meet real patients, who tell us their story and how medical communications has helped them along the way. Having long standing trusted strategic partnerships with most of the leading pharmaceutical companies, we work in therapy areas such as Oncology, Rare Diseases, Ophthalmology, Diabetes and Cardiovascular – to name a few. With a genuine focus on quality and a real investment in training, we have a great personal development program - and with large global accounts, we can accommodate a wide-range of disciplines/job functions.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical and medical writing skills under pressure
- Ability to provide critical, constructive and timely review of material
- Willingness to mentor more junior colleagues
- Organisational skills and time management
- Team working
- Working to timelines and within budgets
Qualifications and experience
- Degree (2:1 or better) in a biological or medically related subject, preference for higher degree
- Usually at least 12 months writing experience in a medical communications agency or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and medical communications
- Up-to-date knowledge of key compliance guidelines and documentation
- Well-trained in all forms of medical communications and education
- Good PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Reference Manager/Endnote skills
Character and personal qualities
- Good team player
- Patient, calm, independent and reactive
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial
- Well organised and with good time-management
- Great eye for detail
- Keen to mentor and develop others
- Able to work independently, to lead where appropriate on certain projects, and to work and interact as part of the team
- Able to identify and act on business development opportunities
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual holiday, rising to 30 day's after 5 years' service
- Life assurance
- Subsidised BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Charity day (additional to annual leave)
- Summer Fridays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Season ticket/travel loan
- Employee referral bonus
- Annual eye test support
- Comprehensive training and mentoring programmes
- Additional retail discounts and benefits available through the Omnicom Group
- A rewarding workplace and a fun team environment
Chameleon Communications International partners with many of the major top 20 pharmaceutical clients to create the scientific foundation and clinical communications that support the successful development and launch of their brands. We work across a range of media including journals, congresses, and digital formats. Our work spans the globe across Europe, Asia Pacific, North and South America. Chameleon received the Queen’s Award for International Trade in 2010
With over 200 people working in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, London and Manchester, Chameleon is a member of the Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG), a global company in the Omnicom Group of independently managed healthcare communications companies dedicated to delivering accurate, strategic, and compelling scientific communications to the full range of stakeholders, including physicians, allied healthcare professionals, payers, patients, and caregivers.
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.