- Ensuring all water hygiene planned, reactive and project works are completed in a timely manner to expected standard
- Manage daily workload, including prioritising, assigning, scheduling and communicating requirements
- Specify, order and manage materials, spares and minor works.
- Ensure all water hygiene activities and remedial activities are duly completed and documented accordingly with the relevant site water hygiene log books ensuring compliance to the water hygiene scheme of precautions.
- Oversee, maintain and update site water hygiene log books.
- Monitor, document, record and remedy systems defects.
- Oversee and undertake domestic and cooling tower water hygiene activities including but not limited to: temperature monitoring, flushing, microbiological sampling and chemical analysis, chemical dosing and sterilisation, calorifier and softener maintenance, water tank inspection and cleaning, humidifier / air con and air handling unit maintenance, irrigation system maintenance, shower de-scaling and sterilisation, TMV maintenance, reverse osmosis plant maintenance, closed system maintenance and other water hygiene related activities.
- Ensure all associated equipment is operating correctly and calibrated accordingly.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM), reactive and corrective maintenance activities, fault finding and repair works, inspection and test testing tasks.
- Assist other trades or subcontractors as required.
- Use the computer aided facilities management system to allocate a record completed tasks, analyses system operating conditions and fault analysis.
The successful Water Hygiene Technician:
- Accurate and methodical mind-set with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good administration skills.
- Experience of working in a hard facilities maintenance environment.
- City & Guilds Water Hygiene.
- Legionella awareness
- Legionella Hot & Cold water systems
- Disinfection of water systems Domestic
- Disinfection of water systems cooling towers
What is on offer?
- Competitive annual salary - £28,000 - £30,000
- Full time permanent role
- Opportunity to join expanding organisation
- Company pension scheme
- Other benefits
Responsible for delivering water hygiene planned and reactive maintenance activities and other related maintenance activities.
Working as part of a maintenance team and ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner.