We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Field Service Engineer based in Swindon / Reading area to cover the South of England however further national travelling would be expected including nights out. The Engineer would be expected to analyse, assess, service and repair industrial floor scrubbers and sweepers on customers sites which would require plant/vehicle mechanical experience. Identify any faults and rectify to improve the overall performance of the machines ensuring to portray a courteous and professional image whilst representing the company. The role involves working mainly on the company’s own hire fleet. Larger more complex repair work is usually returned to the main workshop.
Salary: £29,000 per annum plus potential overtime
The company specialise in the supply and maintenance of industrial floor sweepers and floor scrubber driers. They offer flexible hire, sales and maintenance of ride-on and pedestrian floor cleaning sweepers, scrubber driers and floor cleaning equipment throughout the UK and for all industrial and commercial applications.
- A self-starter who is happy to work on their own but appreciate the importance of being part of a bigger team.
- Enthusiastic with a friendly helpful demeanour with excellent interpersonal skills as they are the face of the company on customer sites.
- Strong attention to detail to perform repairs and maintenance of machines to a high standard and also the accurate completion of paperwork
- Flexible with a positive attitude to assist with various demands made on the business as nights away from home will be required.
- Core maintenance experience within plant, auto or industrial machinery.
- General mechanical knowledge
- Basic auto-electrical experience
- Previous multi-site based role with reasonable amount of travelling desirable however not essential as we are prepared to speak to applicants wishing to make a move to site work.
- Experience with dealing with customers face to face.
- 45 hour week (40 working + 5 paid hours breaks per week)
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Van provided for work use only
- Fuel card for business
- Mobile phone