Have you got a head for design and a background in Mechanical Engineering? If so, we want to hear from you.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer at Flexipol, you will provide efficient solutions to the development and processes and products. Working at all stages of a product from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissions. You will also be responsible for maintaining equipment and rectifying breakdown and assisting with projects.
Key Areas of responsibility;
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modification to help improve safety and reliability
- Undertake mechanical projects as and when required using engineering principles and techniques
- Ensuring that all repairs, breakdowns, preventative maintenance, and project work is completed to a high standard
- Comply with all existing SWP's and contribute to the continuous improvement of SWP's
Engineer Mechanical Maintenance | Engineering | Maintenance | Design | Product Development | Manufacturing | Mechanical | HNC | HND | FMCG | Health & Safety | Project Management | Repairs
Overtime at Premium Rates / Employee Assistance Program / Life Insurance / Cycle to Work / Free Parking
Monday to Friday on a two-week rota (7 am to 4 pm and 9 am to 6 pm).
Knowledge, Training and Experience required;
- HNC or HND (or equivalent)
- Highly Skilled Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with at least five years working experience within an FMCG environment
- Somebody who is motivated; proactive & who has a positive approach to their work
- Health & Safety and Quality Awareness
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping and flexibility to cover bank holidays and weekends on a rota basis with the team
- Self-motivated and can work under pressure with a can-do attitude, able to overcome obstacles with a team approach
- Excellent oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a range of people
- Organisational skills such as time and resource planning
Flexipol supply packaging mainly into the food and medical industry. The Company is now in its 27th year, and during this time the business has grown each year steadily, providing long term secure employment. The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing, along with an excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
Flexipol is one company with three specialist brands, Palagan (Dunstable), Synpac (Hull), and Flexipol (Haslingden), each focusing on unique markets. Each brand designs and manufactures industry-leading differentiated flexible packaging.
Flexipol is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
25,000.00 - 33,000.00 per year