Mechanical Field Service Engineer: As a result of UK growth a number of experienced Mechanical Field Service Engineers with strong knowledge of plant equipment repair are required to provide an industry leading planned and reactive maintenance and repair service for an internationally renowned equipment manufacturer.
Wirtgen Group (a John Deere company) is celebrated globally for its market-leading products, excellent customer-focused service and implementation of tried and tested quality standards. Often acting as the face of the company the successful Mechanical Field Service Engineer will use their knowledge and experience of repairing & servicing mechanical, mobile and fixed plant equipment to provide customers with a trusted and efficient service. An enquiring, analytical mind and the ability to portray a professional, courteous image at all times is essential.
- Attending customer sites to conduct and complete scheduled services or repair work on Wirtgen branded machinery.
- To represent the Company in a professional manner, especially when on a Customer site
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety Procedures.
- To provide operational cover in the Workshop as necessary.
- Once a job is finished to complete all necessary paperwork to close out the job and enable accurate and timely invoicing.
Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge and experience of repairing / servicing mechanical equipment, preferably mobile or heavy fixed plant equipment.
- Hold an NVQ 3 in Mechanical Engineering / Plant Maintenance or equivalent.
- Must be keen to develop and learn new skills and gain new knowledge.
- Happy to travel extensively throughout the UK, including possible overnight stays.
- A positive “can do” attitude is essential.
- Takes great pride and care in providing an exceptional service to customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an enquiring mind.
In return for your commitment and pride in your work Wirtgen offer a highly competitive remuneration package alongside the opportunity for genuine career progression as part of the Group’s successful expansion into the UK market. Apply now!