Are you looking to be part of an expanding business, where you work in an inclusive environment, and be part of a team which produces the world-known Durox block? Do you want to help us grow and help us meet the challenge of supplying an ever-growing housing market? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer (Lead) at our Linford site.
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Mechanical Engineer (Lead), you will provide maintenance plans to include operational, mechanical, electrical, automation and utilities to be designed and reviewed to provide maintenance for modular and overhaul outages as well as running preventative checks.
You will also be responsible for the planning, completion, effectiveness of interventions and improvement initiatives to be measured and optimised in line with all Quality, health, safety and environmental standards and relevant legislation.
What will I be responsible for?
The successful Mechanical Engineer (Lead) will be responsible for ensuring operational and engineering based maintenance is designed and delivered to optimise production plans, quality and cost.
Key responsibilities include:
- Regularly review Planned Preventative Maintenance regimes for any required modifications or amendments based upon best practice.
- To provide effective supervision of visiting sub contractor's staff and to report on non-conformances or safety violations. Ensure sub-contractors undertake work in accordance with their specification and they provide accurate detailed reports.
- Ensure all site-specific procedures and the TBP QMS is followed at all times.
- To act as first point of contact with sub-contractors for coordinating any on site work activity
- Ensure that work orders are correctly filled in with asset details, materials used and time spent on the task.
- To assess Health and Safety requirements of tasks and to arrange for all necessary Safety Permits, Method Statements and Risk Assessments to be raised, liaising with Authorised Persons as necessary and monitor to ensure the task is completed in a safe manner.
- Control the operation of the planned Preventative Maintenance Programme and subsequent project work.
Experience, Skills, Qualifications
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawing
- Machine design understanding
- Planned, Preventative and Reactionary Maintenance Patterns and Experience
- NVQ Level 3 In Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering (Fitting and Assembly)
- Welding and Fabrication Certification/Knowledge
- IOSH Health And Safety Training (NEBOSH Preferable)
- Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge
- Provide leadership to the engineering team
- Act as the conduit for communication between engineering teams and management
- Using a data/evidence-based approach, able to fault-diagnose to root cause and implement effective countermeasures
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Mechanical Engineer (Lead) you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits.
Tarmac is the UK's leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country's long-term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of a Mechanical Engineer (Lead)!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.