I am currently recruiting for a Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Engineer working for a packaging company based in Gainsborough. You will be required to work as part of the Engineering Team on the Gainsborough Site. Working on Mechanical and electrical machinery throughout the site when required. Safety is first and foremost in your working environment.
You will cover all departments and ancillary equipment throughout the site. Carrying out maintenance, repairs, PPM schedules, routine testing, calibration, record keeping, health and safety, participate in C.P.S functions and other functions as detailed by engineering manager.
Key Responsibilities for the Mechanical & Electrical Engineer:
- To ensure a smooth and effective maintenance department.
- Ensure maximum machine availability at all times.
- React to faults and breakdowns as priority.
- Implement and maintain PPM. Programme.
- Work within a dedicated budget.
- Liaise with external contractors.
- Record and update key engineering data.
- Embed the health and safety culture throughout the department.
- Liaise with operations team regarding maintenance plan and issues.
- Lead or participate in various projects considering current issues/initiatives as a means of improving overall business efficiency.
- Embrace the site C.P.S. strategy and projects.
- Meet with engineering manager to monitor progress
Skills and Experience Required:
- Multi Skilled with Mechanical Bias
- Highly decisive team player
- Strong time management skills
- PLC Control Experience (Siemens S5)
- Effective motivator and communicator
- Strong emotive control and effective crisis management skills
- Strong knowledge of health and safety
- Willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable
- Full training and qualifications will be provided
- HNC or time served as Engineer
Package Available to Successful Candidate:
- A Basic Salary between £35-40K (DOE)
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays (Rising to 28)
- 4% Pension Scheme
- 4 x Life Insurance
- Simply healthcare cash plan