We are seeking an experienced all-round Mechanical Engineer to perform a multidisciplinary role within our Aftermarket and Service Group.
The role will have two functions; Firstly, to support our sales team in providing engineering drawings to support proposals. This will include mechanical drawings, layouts and schematics, component drawings and P&ID's. Secondly, in a micro projects' role executing small aftermarket orders from sales handover through to manufacturing and final dispatch.
- Analyse project documents and mechanical specifications / requirements to draft the appropriate equipment for each application.
- Utilise Inventor and AutoCAD to complete assignments in both 2D and 3D.
- Able to prepare various 3D and 2D drawings of mechanical parts, assemblies, and products, including various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse views, isometrics, hidden lines and details.
- Make arithmetic computations using standard formulas.
- Assignments may include information on methods, procedures, sources of information, precedents to follow, and more detailed written or verbal instructions from applications and service engineers within the Aftermarket & Service Group. Simple revisions to existing drawings may be assigned with a verbal explanation of desired results and corrective NCR's when they occur.
- Assisting application engineers and the outside Aftermarket sales team members.
- Liaising with the existing the drafting team, projects managers, manufacturing and quality teams to ensure timely execution and quality of the Aftermarket projects are maintain throughout.
- Assists with reviewing customer mark-up prints and disposition of comments and corrective revisions.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word / Excel / Adobe
- Check own and other drafter drawings for content and accuracy.
Experience & Competencies
- Associate Degree or HND in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent combination of experience (5+ years drafting experience using Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD in a mechanical engineering time served environment)
- Competence in the use of Inventor and AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience in producing mechanical drawings complete with full BOM's.
- knowledge of instruments and controls with an ability to read electrical schematics and P&ID's would be an advantage
- A good, all round, practical mechanical engineer having previous experience in a mechanical or petrochemical manufacturing environment.
- Previous petrochemical industry experience would also be an advantage
- Team player, focused, confident and self-motivated with an ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Good organisational skills with an ability to multitask
- Able to work well under pressure
- Great communicator at all levels across the business
- A willingness to go above and beyond
- Live within approximately a 1-hour commute of the Office
- Must be able to drive
- Must be willing to travel worldwide to meet business needs (initial 1-3 months training in our US office may be necessary)