Goal of position
To work with the engineering team to develop systems and processes to enable engineering team to continually improve accuracy and efficiency. To work between the UK and Czech teams to identify and implement best practices from both teams. To process orders by creating accurate, cost effective and technically sound designs for machines, that meet the customer’s requirements and industry relevant safety standards.
· Knowledge transfer of latest Solid Works methods to improve team member efficiency
· Generate ideas and designs for product improvements
· Work as part of Project Teams to deliver R&D Projects
· Produce design concepts develop electrical/mechanical modules to support standardisation and reduced costs
· To participate in project teams and project development teams as appropriate
· Management of designs and improvements through the Product Change Note (PCN) process.
· Provide support for Production with trouble shooting during the testing of machines
· Development of initiatives to ensure continuous improvement regarding efficiency, quality and health & safety
· Preparation of information required to allow the manufacturing of components and assemblies.
· Works with the development team to ensure that external certification and necessary approvals are in place based on the delivery goals of the project
· Works to gain an in-depth understanding of customer and user interaction with Loma’s products that can be fed into both development of products and continuous improvement program.
· Operates with a continuous improvement methodology, ensuring the appropriate processes, tools and techniques are developed and adopted
· Advocates ITW 80/20 and other toolbox standards / initiatives into everything we do.
· In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by their supervisor that are essentially related to their duties.
· Educated to at least degree level in Mechanical Engineering subject and have at strong experience in an appropriate engineering environment (capital equipment, instrumentation, machinery, aerospace, etc.)
· Highly proficient SolidWorks user capable of creating both 3D models and 2D technical drawings
· Practical and theoretical understanding of Mechanical Engineering, and pneumatics
· Understanding of relevant CE machinery directive standards.
· Experience of bringing conceptual designs through into production.
· Experience in working in an engineering and order processing role.
· Experience using business systems to create accurate costed bills of materials.
· Hands on approach, with good leadership and people/ influencing skills to get things done
· Good communication and presentation skills, can interact well with both internal and external parties
· Advanced at creating clear and concise written documents and reports
· Experience and technical proficiency in software tools and technology, such as Auto CAD Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and ERP system.
· Ability and willingness to transfer knowledge to team members and other members of the organisation.
· Understanding of the design requirement for equipment intended for the Food Industry.
· Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on short trips when required
LOMA is a critical part of food safety and quality
Want to work for a company who protect the consumer whilst also having a highly commercial focus?
LOMA SYSTEMS is a premium worldwide manufacturer of inspection equipment, used to identify contaminants and product defects in the food and pharmaceutical industries. LOMA Systems has over 50 years of experience developing and installing equipment that ensures when products leave the factory they are contamination free, to the quality intended and safe for you as the consumer.
Our culture is hands-on
At Loma Systems every individual is encouraged to take the initiative to get things done, and you will have the opportunity be make a real impact. LOMA Systems’ parent company is Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a fortune 250 diversified industrial manufacturer of value added consumables and speciality equipment. ITW live by a philosophy of autonomy and a decentralised culture. This unique relationship means Loma systems can offer a personalised experienced to each and every employee, whilst offering the career progression and stability that comes from working for a larger organisation.
At Loma and ITW we leverage the 80:20 principle in everything we do. Although we are serious about what we want to achieve and are agile in our nature, our culture is friendly and positive. If you have a proactive approach and want to make an impact, we want to hear from you.