Mechanical Design Engineer
What is the role?
What are my key responsibilities?
- Design, Mechanical systems, sub-systems and components in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and the testing asset based staff
- Produce high quality design documentation in line with established standards and ensure they are maintained
- Work with testing facility staff and other engineering specialists to develop the test assets and testing regimes on offer
- Work with other departments to produce high quality technical reports as appropriate to the role, and follow quality procedures for their release
- Keep abreast of technical developments and industry expertise to identify potential improvements to testing techniques
- Assist internal clients such as business development and research functions to provide tender support and promote the facilities
- Support management and engineering staff where required with technical knowledge
- Support and mentor junior technical staff as appropriate
- Maintain project records in accordance with company procedures
- Maintain and update existing Design system quality procedures, to ensure they remain current
- Maintain a high level of health and safety awareness in accordance with company procedures and current legislation, and encourage safe behaviours in the provision of the role
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- A degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Experience in Design of Mechanical systems and components in an operational environment
- Experience in the use of Mechanical CAD and Analysis software, such as Solid Edge ST10 and Ansys 19. Engineers with experience in alternative design packages such as Catia, SolidWorks, Inventor, and Abacus will be considered as conversion training will be provided
- Membership of a Professional organisation, such as IMechE, with Chartered Engineer Status or aspirations to achieve, is desirable
- High level of safety knowledge as appropriate to Mechanical Design
- Project management capability
- Good communication and time management skills
- Able to work effectively within a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer facing capability and able to forge strong relationships
We offer exciting challenges and career opportunities in an ever growing innovative company at the leading edge of green technology. Our working environment is open, inspiring and multicultural, and we provide great potential for personal and professional development.In return, an excellent remuneration package is offered which includes attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme.
We offer exciting challenges and career opportunities in an ever growing innovative company at the leading edge of green technology. Our working environment is open, inspiring and multicultural, and we provide great potential for personal and professional development.
Closing Date: 25 October 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.