Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organisation, a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
At Prestwick Service Centre we are specialists in the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft engine nacelles systems and engine components. As part of our planned continued expansion we require experienced individuals who will contribute to our success, whilst upholding our reputation as a leading provider of quality MRO services with our European and Middle Eastern customers
An opportunity has arisen for Mechanic Inspectors to work within our Operational Business Units
- Disassemble, repair, replace and rebuild aircraft nacelle structures
- The ability to read and interpret manufacturer and customer technical data (manuals, service bulletins & drawings)
- Adhere to required quality standards
- Time served in a relevant discipline (with trade papers or an equivalent mechanical qualification)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal are required and candidates will be required to demonstrate numerical, literacy and computer literacy skills.
- Compliance with all Collins Aerospace policies and procedures inclusive of EH&S, Code of Ethics, Intellectual Property and ITC requirements
- Experience of fastener installation or engine build ups, including detailed measurement and torqueing applications would be highly beneficial
- We are particularly interested in speaking with candiates who have experience in carrying out composite repairs
- An understanding of the principles of Lean/Continuous Improvement would be advantageous.
The role requires a dayshift/backshift rotation with associated premiums and will be complemented with a comprehensive training period.