Job Title: Materials Manager
Location: Southampton based with flexibility to travel to Wroxham, Norfolk
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 Depending on experience Plus benefits.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent - 40 hours per week.
Materials Manager Introduction:
Are you an experienced Materials Controller working within the Manufacturing industry looking to take your career to next level?
Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference?
Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so then we may just have the ideal role for you!
Oyster Yachts are seeking an experienced Materials Manager to lead the team to develop and maintain best practice stores and delivery service models, providing a high level of internal customer service.
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we enabled our employees to take ownership of their work and to be the best at what they do.
The Materials Manager Role:
The Materials Manager role will give direction to the materials team to develop and maintain best practice stores and line-side delivery service models to govern and control the receipt and issue of materials to the point of consumption; offering a high level of internal customer service at all times in accordance with defined processes and internal "Service Level Agreements".
Materials Manager Main Responsibilities include:
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance at all stores / line-side material provisioning environments in accordance with legislation and Oyster Yachts policies.
- Drive the day to day, management, efficiency and quality of the stores / line-side operation, ensuring On Time In good Quality delivery to all internal customers.
- Development and coaching of team members through regular formal and informal reviews, identifying training needs and succession planning requirements.
- Responsible for resource planning and maintaining resource levels to achieve SLA targets in line with agreed budget/costs.
- Work with Procurement, Production and Engineering providing material transparency throughout the Supply Chain and provide accurate feedback in relation to BOM / Purchase Order delivery / and consumption dates.
- Challenge the "status quo ", own and develop improvement initiatives and ensure adherence to formalised material management processes, continually working towards and aligning with Good Manufacturing Process, World Class Manufacturing and Good Distribution Practice.
- Provision of management reports, KPI's and detailed data views to provide insight and support decision making.
The ideal Materials Manager:
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation and best practice in the handling and storage of materials in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years demonstratable management experience in a similar materials control position
- A detailed understanding of stock control, Warehouse Management and Material Planning systems.
- Skilled in the delivery of business change and project implementation from concept through to operational.
- Proficient user of Microsoft office tools.
- Knowledge of marine industry.
- Experience of ERP, MRP and WMS implementations.
- Managing Warehouse relocation projects
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post, it is not comprehensive. It is inevitable that the duties will change to reflect organisational change and it is essential therefore that it is regarded with a degree of flexibility, so that changing needs and circumstances can be met. All changes will be discussed with the post holder.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Materials Manager to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay along with company benefits.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today for the chance to be considered for an early interview.
£30,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year