Job Title: Material Quotation Specialist / Estimator
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Job type: Permanent, Full time
They're a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications. They are currently looking for a full time Estimator to support the companies Sales and Service team at their head office based in Huntingdon.
The Estimators work closely with their Sales & Service team and are responsible for the pricing of customer enquiries to maximise their conversion to order rates. The Estimator will manage and control the estimating process and supply of parts for designated materials and commodities within their responsibility. Key tasks for this varied role include assessing customer requests, costing their requirements to secure the business whilst respecting company profit margins, generating quotations and purchasing materials from suppliers.
- Ensure customer enquiries are actioned in a timely manner within Company SLA's.
- Ensure costings are accurate & inclusive of any added value, packaging & freight to the customer's delivery point in accordance with the company pricing strategy.
- Maximise the conversion rate from enquiry to quote to order.
- Liaise directly with suppliers and customers where required to improve quotation accuracy and speed of response.
- Update Sales & Service team members on the progress of ongoing enquiries, estimated delivery dates and costing decisions.
- Ensure that goods and services are procured at the most competitive rates considering the requirements for a high-quality product being delivered on time at the most advantageous price.
- Progress open orders to ensure that delivery dates are met. Actively respond to quality issues and discrepancies.
- Keep abreast of market trends for materials. Benchmark existing suppliers in a bid to maximise their purchasing potential.
- Understand the capability of their suppliers and build and maintain good relationships with them.
- Understand current market conditions and competitor activity to ensure that all pricing is competitive.
- Commercial awareness and analytical skills
- Numerical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Passion for providing service excellence and drive to achieve results
- IT skills - Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Flexibility and a positive attitude towards opportunity
- A mindset that puts the customer at the centre of everything they do
- An ability to work independently and as a team
- Previous experience working in a dynamic Purchasing / Sales Team is preferred or transferable experience in a similar field
- A technical knowledge gained from a similar engineering / material supply business is preferred but not essential
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualified would be an advantage
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Salary £26 to £28k dependent on experience
- Flexitime available
- Enhanced holiday entitlement based on length of service
- Private Health Insurance
- Income protection and critical illness
- Life Assurance
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Estimator, Internal Sales, Project Estimator, Cost Estimator, Engineering Estimator, Engineering Sales, Works Cost Estimator, Manufacturing Estimator, Manufacturing Costs Estimator, Technical Estimator, Manufacturing Sales Support, Engineering Project Estimator, Technical Project Estimator, Procurement Specialist, Cost Engineer may also be considered for this role.
26,000.00 - 28,000.00 per year