Do you have materials stock purchasing experience from a construction background?
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Material Planning Controller to join the growing Tingdene Homes team.
Our purchasing team are looking for an experienced Material Planning Controller to join them on the daily search for all the materials and components required to build our park homes, lodges and modular buildings to the quality finish our customers expect.
With a varied range of models, many of the components will be the same, but with a keen eye for detail, you will be sourcing and ordering a wide spectrum of other materials and furnishings to ensure that the home can be built to specification on time every time.
We love being proud of our homes and we need a confident individual to ensure we have everything required to build them from start to finish.
The role requires the candidate to be flexible in a fast-paced purchasing environment. Essentially, you'll have an excellent array of skills such as organisational, project management, planning, communication, team working and problem-solving. The candidate should have a good level of fitness and hands-on experience, such as in the construction industry with a materials stock purchaser background and disciplines such as house building, commercial and leisure construction.
The ideal candidate will also have relevant work experience preferably in building and construction or a leisure home background.
What you will be doing for us:
- Placing product orders across a range of suppliers and product groups
- Setting KPIs and ensuring suppliers adhere to them
- Monitoring the supply chain
- Liaising with the production team to ensure all materials are in place when needed
- Stock control and takeoffs
- Controlling stock levels and monitoring stock usage
- Maintaining IT systems
- Reporting material shortages and fulfilling requirements
- Expediting - shortages, invoicing queries, administration & checking of supply chain
- Manufacturing plant "line-side support" with the production build information/advice when necessary on product or materials
- Liaising with colleagues and other departments to ensure correct specification information is adhered to
- Self-Quality Control checks of all orders placed to ensure accuracy
- Communicating potential product or purchasing supply problems prior to any issues arising during the production of a home
- Ensuring that you always demonstrate an attention to detail, and self-challenge in order to work more efficiently to serve the department and the business
- Maintaining general IT skills and knowledge
Materials | Planning | Controller | Stock | Building | Quality | Timber Frame | Modular | Excel | Construction | Project Management | IT Literate
Holiday 30 days inclusive of statutory days pro-rated | Aviva Work Place Pension Scheme 3% company contribution | Life Cover | Loyalty Holiday | Salary DOE | Monthly Pay | PAYE |
Core Working Hours are Monday to Thursday 7AM to 5PM Friday 8AM to 12PM | Must have flexibility.
- A flexible approach to the role in a fast-paced production environment.
- Excellent technical and planning skills.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- IT skills with an understanding of excel essential.
- Strong attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of the construction industry.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships with line side management and their teams.
- You will need experience preferably in the industry but certainly from a materials stock purchaser and construction disciplines such as housebuilders, commercial and leisure.
- Relevant work experience is highly desirable preferably in a building & construction or Leisure Home background.
- A technical background would be beneficial.
Since 1969, Tingdene have been one of the UK's leading manufacturers of park homes and holiday lodges. A proudly independent business, its continued success is built on an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation, with a proven record spanning 50 years.
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, we employ 220 people and are a steadfast and long-standing supporter of British manufacturing. All homes and lodges are constructed to BS3632 standards in its state-of-the-art production facility, positioned just a stone's throw from their Head Office and Visitor Centre, which remains the UK's only permanent indoor exhibition space for park homes and holiday lodges.
In 2019 we launched a new collection of homes and lodges in celebration of its 50th anniversary. The renewed range offers timeless designs and interior styles tailored to both contemporary and classical tastes. Guests are invited to discover the 'Our Difference' with seven designs displayed at any time within our refurbished and fully accessible Visitor Centre.
25,000.00 - 30,000.00 per year
see job spec
see job spec