CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing 87,000 people at 3,800 operating locations in 31 countries. With a market capitalisation of c.€27 billion, CRH is the largest building materials company in North America and the second largest worldwide. The Group has leadership positions in Europe as well as established strategic positions in the emerging economic regions of Asia and South America. CRH is committed to improving the built environment through the delivery of superior materials and products for the construction and maintenance of infrastructure, housing and commercial projects. A Fortune 500 company, CRH is listed in London and Dublin and is a constituent member of the FTSE 100 and ISEQ 20 indices. CRH’s American Depositary Shares are listed on the NYSE.
For more information visit www.crh.com
Purpose of the role
The Product Manager coordinates new products from the product idea to the market introduction and throughout the product lifecycle and uses their position as interface to all relevant functions to optimize this process (time and resources) to develop and deliver the value proposition for the targeted customer segment and the sales organizations. He/She analyses the relevant market, product and customer data and makes proposals for growth and complexity reduction initiatives (product and route to market) to support the wider Region and Pillar strategy. The purpose is to scope, expand and lead the global profittable growth of the product market share in the targeted market segments and in the Europe West & ANZ region (UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ)
Key tasks & responsibilities
1.) Innovation Process, New Products
- Project leadership for new product projects; launch strategy, rollout and plan.
- Gain and collect new product ideas from customers, prospects, partners and the sales organisations (idea management).
- Create, defend and prioritize market-feasibility (with engineering, prospects & sales).
- Project Management (Project Plan, -team, -meetings, workstream…) and roadmaps
- Develops and Monitors Business Plans and Product Performance, with countries
- Price positioning and product profitability; write and implement Commercialisation Plans (with countries); all product marketing content (with Central Marketing).
2.) Strategy, Market Analysis (Market Intelligence), in collaboration with Countries
- Product portfolio strategy & plan; analyse market opportunity (structured management tools).
- Competitors analysis (segmentation and positioning); customer analysis (loyalty, ABC…)
- Strategy workshops with Sales, with RDE and production; pricing analysis and target costing
3.) Product Maintanance
- Lifecycle management (Phase in, Maintenance, Phase Out).
- Content and support pricelists, technical documentation, building code & practice.
- Drive tender/specification texts and define and manage data for digital engineering
- Support Central Marketing in all relevant product content.
- Storage optimization (support for Supply Chain).
- Supply chain support (investments, production amounts, possible supplier, releases (for stocks, production, phase outs)).
- Keep oversight over locally sourced products (leverage, process support, master data).
- Commercial product presentations/trainings.
- Develop and maintain content for regional sales campaign and product introductions.
- Pillar Director
- Sales Organizations
- RD Engineering
Key leadership competencies
- Effective collaborator in diverse, multi-functional teams
- Cultivates motivation of teams and team members
- Able to drive change processes in complex environments
- Commercial acumen
- Decision maker / Entrepreneurial spirit
- Pragmatic approach to deal with complexity.
- Effective communicator.
- Comex focus and valuable experience within sales organizations.
Key functional competencies and relevant experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, fluent English, spoken and written
- Strong informal, functional leadership & people skills with an ability to motivate and influence peers to follow a common vision
- Good industrial knowledge & market/sales experience
- Understands customer needs – customer facing role would be beneficial
- High level of analytical and quantitative skills, possess the ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case and influence priorities
- Self-motivated, visionary and future-oriented
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or an equivalent in working experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in product management or project management in complex/matrix environments
Report to: Andrew Lilley
For any queries on this role please contact Andrew Lilley at email@example.com
Note: internal candidates, please inform your linemanager or HR Manager when interested