You'll be our product brand expert, ensuring that the Aldi personality is always unique, powerful and consistent in the marketplace.
Managing a team of Marketing/PR Assistants, you'll oversee all our product advertising, marketing and PR processes and systems. It's about strategy – advising the business, managing projects and working with independent experts. In this fast-paced role, you'll take on far more responsibility and autonomy than you'd expect elsewhere. That means you need to stay calm under pressure and produce results. But it's also somewhere you have more scope to influence the business. Just the way you like it.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. Which means our marketing and communications need to keep up.
Salary: £52,540 - £76,495
Fixed Term Contract - Until 1st June 2021
Aldi is one of the biggest advertisers in the UK Grocery market, delivering a constant communication message across a variety of different media. Voted ‘Marketing team of the year’ Aldi has consistently raised the bar on its communications to be the most talked about Grocery retailer, with a brand power rating far ahead of our market share and now ahead of Sainsbury’s and Morrison’s.
We are looking to grow the Marketing team over the forthcoming months and as such as looking for creatively minded individuals with a self-motivated approach to work, used to working in a high pressure, time sensitive environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You’ll be sat within the Marketing team but will be expected to developed and build cross functional relationship through the organization.
It’s a place where you’re trusted to think for yourself, and take complete ownership for your role, and because we are one of the UK’s fastest-growing supermarkets, you get to do far more than you would anywhere else. If you’ve got a great idea that’ll help everything run even smoother and more effectively than it does now, you’ll be encouraged to put it into practice. After all, that’s how we get better and why it’s so enjoyable to work here.
This is an exciting time to work within an award winning Marketing team and key duties will include the following:
1. To work closely with the Marketing Director and Marketing Managers, developing and executing the creative for Aldi’s Weekly Specialbuy leaflet and key event brochures to deliver the Aldi marketing strategy.
2. To work with marketing agencies to ensure a steady and consistent point of contact for Aldi, ensuring the delivery of creative assets are in line with the brand strategy and guidelines whilst delivering key messaging and customer relevance.
3. Management of multiple internal key stakeholders
4. To develop, recommend, implement and manage systems and processes in Aldi’s Specialbuys Weekly Leaflet and key event brochures within the Corporate Buying Department and ensure an efficient and cooperative working environment.
5. Manages and liaises with the Marketing agency and Marketing Assistants to ensure timely delivery and accuracy in Aldi’s Specialbuys Weekly Leaflet and key event brochures.
6. Plans and recommends considered and engaging proposals for Aldi’s Specialbuys Weekly Leaflet and key event brochures.
7. Manages the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with external and internal parties ensuring an ongoing understanding of current issues, proposing/taking action where appropriate.
8. Manages and controls the budget for Aldi’s Specialbuys Weekly Leaflet and key event brochures.
9. Carries out market place, competitor research and analysis.
10. Manages, monitors, develops and trains their Marketing Assistant(s) to achieve all agreed marketing objectives.
11. Coordinates staff communication for updates on any matters, as requested by the Marketing Director.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 2:1 Degree
• Marketing understanding and passion to develop
• Track Record of Managing Internal & External Resource
• Budget control
• Strong creative flair
• Strong Communicator
• Budget Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Marketing Background
• Marketing experience desirable but not essential
• Management experience desirable but willing to consider first management role
• Team Management