Responsible to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Marketing team permanent and student staff
Location: Based at College Lane Campus, although work at other sites may occasionally be required.
Become a key part of the Hertfordshire Students' Union family. We pride ourselves on being a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. We look for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and imagination. As the voice who represents 24000 students, we are seeking achievers, leaders and visionaries who can bring skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving environment.
Key role requirements:
The post holder will grow and develop the brand, communications and promotional activity for the Union, ensuring we are maximising our digital, face to face and experiential marketing and communications opportunities. The role is diverse and covers a wide range of promotional channels and stakeholder groups, and the right person for the role must be extremely proactive, creative and have the drive to succeed in a diverse and fast paced environment.
Our vision at Hertfordshire Students' Union is that we help students love their University life. The Marketing Manager is a core part of our vision and is essential to ensuring our aims and objectives are effectively communicated.
We are a truly values-led organisation. As such, we're looking for someone who lives our everyday values of innovation, collaboration and friendliness whilst ensuring Hertfordshire Students' Union is truly representative of students. We encourage our team to have fun at work while never losing sight of our vision.
We go above and beyond for our students and each other - we're committed to providing excellent service across the board and we support each other to prioritise this every day.
Main duties and responsibility:
* Combine the full strategic and tactical marketing mix to develop a strong and compelling brand for the Union amongst its various stakeholder groups.
* Assist with the creation and delivery of a marketing strategy for the Union.
* Oversee all Union-wide messaging and communications, including all digital platforms.
* Act as the first port of contact for the management and support of the Marketing team; setting out tasks and appraising performance.
* Develop and oversee the Union's branding and visual ID across all physical, print and digital media formats and applications and including any product or service sub-branding where applicable.
* Support SMT, Elected Officers and staff in embedding the brand and brand values into all union activities and services, ensuring consistent application and user experience across all touchpoints.
* Develop the Union's digital marketing and communications strategy
* Plan and manage digital content for the Union's social media channels, website, emails and other digital communication channels, ensuring all content is recent, relevant and engaging.
* Oversee the day-to-day management and development of The Union's website including structure and functionality, performance, content maintenance and user training and support.
* Appropriately segment our stakeholder groups and use the spectrum of digital channels to provide effective, tailored communication with each segment.
Face to face, event and experiential marketing
* Coordinate the Union's contribution to university events such as Open Days.
* In conjunction with the Student Activities team and Elected Officers, support the growth and development of school-based events and activities.
* Manage the staff in the Marketing Department, supporting and developing them to deliver the team's objectives and goals.
* Manage the recruitment of team members, supporting and managing their performance as necessary.
* Manage the workflow of team members and use appropriate processes to ensure the team are productive, happy and staff wellbeing is prioritised.
Equality and Diversity Commitment
Hertfordshire Students' Union is committed to diversity and inclusion amongst its staff, reflecting the communities it serves. We welcome applications from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds, as they are underrepresented within the Union's professional staff team. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to Apply
Simply click ‘Apply’ to continue your application and ensure you include a valid email address and a cover letter.
£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 per year