Marketing and Communications Officer, Charity based in Warwickshire, salary £22,000 to £26,000 per annum dependent on experience, 23 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays increasing with length of service.
The Organisation are the primary local charity for people living with sight loss in Warwickshire. Our role is to offer a holistic seamless service from the point of diagnosis, through rehabilitation to long term social support.
This is an exciting time to join the Charity as we implement our new strategy. This new role of Marketing and Communications Officer will be responsible for developing our public profile, helping to tell the stories of people who have experienced sight loss, raising awareness of our services and supporting the fundraising team to attract financial support.
We are now looking for Marketing and Communications Officer to develop our marketing and communications strategy and will develop all internal and external communications across the organisation under the guidance of the CEO. This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. We are unable to pay any relocation payments in the event you relocate for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications.
Marketing and Communications Officer Main Duties:
- Developing and managing the Marketing and Communications budget.
- Establishing, managing and developing consistent branding across all offline and online communication platforms and designing all printed materials including magazine, banners, booklets and flyers in accordance with branding guidelines.
- Identifying and diversifying offline and online marketing opportunities to raise awareness of the overall Charity’s brand, its activities and campaigns.
- Developing and managing the website ensuring that it reflects the core messages and culture of the organisation.
- Ensuring content is regularly updated and all social media content is updated daily, customising the website as required and training and supporting staff to also post content on the website and use social media.
- Creating new content via staff input, events etc. and creating and editing video content.
- Developing the database of, and relationships with, local TV and newspapers to raise our profile at a regional level.
- Creating content for local village publications to publicise our activities and promoting volunteering opportunities.
- Creating and editing Volunteer newsletter in collaboration with Volunteering team and creating and editing communications for our service users.
- Promoting the activities of the organisation with the objective of raising profile and encouraging those experiencing difficulty with their vision to approach us for support.
- Producing materials for placement in eye clinics, libraries, opticians etc.
- Initiating and continually fostering good links with the local community, working closely with members of staff to ensure that the reputation and perception of the charity is maintained and enhanced in the local area.
- Editing and producing content for the Charity magazine and supervising and supporting volunteer sub-editors who also work on the magazine.
- Being responsible for the distribution of all communications including the magazine in all formats; hardcopy, digital and audio.
- Developing case studies to illustrate the service user journey and value of the Charity's services.
- Being responsible for overseeing all internal and external communications making sure messages are coherent, timely and professionally formulated in order to maximise reach, reward and future contact whilst protecting the reputation of the Charity.
- Developing content for our Volunteer Speaker programme and managing and providing the training to the Volunteers.
- Helping to identify venues and events for us to make presentations and host awareness events.
- Supporting with the development, design and delivery of the Charity’s annual report, general meeting and other key publicity materials.
Marketing and Communications Officer Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Previous experience in the charity sector is desirable.
- Degree or equivalent in Marketing and/or Communications.
- Ability to work as part of a team and confidently using own initiative.
- Previous experience using email providers, such as Mail Chimp and publication software, such as InDesign and Adobe creative Suite.
- Excellent knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of Google analytics to increase search engine optimisation and supporter engagement.
- Full UK driving licence, preferably clean, and access to own vehicle.
- Excellent and clear communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Excellent presentation skills, organisational skills and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Once you have submitted your CV (ensure it includes your current role and salary), please complete the comments box and tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
Interviews will commence the week beginning 28th September 2020.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.