MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Conservatory Outlet Ltd is an industry renowned manufacturer of high-quality windows, doors, extensions and conservatory products supplying to a retail network of 26 installation companies that operate across the UK from the North of Scotland to the Isle of Wight. Under the umbrella of the Conservatory Outlet Group, the business also has 2 sister retail companies – Clearview Home Improvements and Pennine Home Improvements – which are all closely interlinked.
As Marketing Communications Executive, you’d be working in a close team of three (with support from external agencies) to support the continued sales growth of Conservatory Outlet Ltd, the wider Group and its retail Network members. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will take responsibility for internal and external communications across the business. A motivated and passionate self-starter, you’ll have exceptional written and verbal communication skills together with sound analytical attributes and be prepared to take ownership of projects with key measures and objectives.
The business model at Conservatory Outlet is unusual in that it is made up of a relatively small but close-knit number of repeat customers – the Conservatory Outlet Network. The marketing department is at the frontline of maintaining excellent relationships with the Network to improve retention, add value and enhance engagement (ultimately leading to sales growth.)
As well as handling the day-to-day account management of the Network’s marketing requirements, there are a number of exciting projects to be delivered this year as part of an ambitious marketing strategy. These include the roll out of a new internal communications plan, the development of a suite of retail brochures, a focus on creating engaging video content for web and social media integration, and the development and launch of a new B2B website for Conservatory Outlet itself – each of which will require the input of a talented and engaging copywriter & communications specialist.
You’ll be working very closely with our Creative Marketing Executive on a number of key projects and as such, a positive and collaborative attitude to teamwork is essential.
We offer a competitive salary with supporting benefits package including pension and health cash plan. This is a fast-paced and evolving department, so be prepared to adapt well to change and suggest new improvements and ideas that will further support the growth of the business.
- Prepare and execute a PR strategy to maintain and grow a positive public profile for Conservatory Outlet, the wider Group and Network Members.
- Research, write and distribute regular press releases to trade (and where applicable local) publications.
- Prepare an industry awards calendar and take the lead on writing business award nominations for Conservatory Outlet and the wider Group to maximise positive PR exposure.
- Manage all social media channels for Conservatory Outlet and the wider group to enhance both B2B and B2C engagement.
- Write regular blog posts for Conservatory Outlet and the wider Network.
- Support in the development of a range of video content for Conservatory Outlet and its Network to enhance SEO and social media performance
- Support the HR Dept with the development and roll-out of an internal communications plan
- Research, write and produce regular internal newsletters, business updates and bulletins to improve communication across the business and the wider Group.
- Support the HR Dept with the organisation of internal social events.
- Represent the Marketing Department at the bi-monthly staff forum to present and update the business on key marketing developments.
- Take responsibility for producing engaging written content for the Conservatory Outlet website, and the websites of its Network members.
- Produce excellent written copy for all retail brochures, technical literature, point-of-sale, adverts, letters and other marketing material
- Issue important information to the Network members in a variety of formats (email, letter, phone, presentations etc)
- Work with the Creative Marketing Executive in the planning and execution of a programme of social and workshop-style events (may involve occasional overnight stays)
- Undertake promotional activities to ensure events are well attended and to collect and analyse feedback from events for future planning.
- Manage the Customer Review Centre, including inputting reviews, calculating monthly competition winners and issuing reward cheques.
- Support the Head of Marketing in gathering and analysing regular feedback through our Customer Journey Survey to support continuous improvement across the business.
New Business Comm:
- Support the Business Development Director with targeted marketing campaigns/brochures to attract potential new retail businesses to the Conservatory Outlet Network.
- Prepare monthly performance reports for senior management.
- Support in the co-ordination of new photography projects, liaising with Network members, and home owners to arrange photoshoots.
- Help to maintain general stock control, issue and procurement of marketing materials.
- Work with internal departments to provide support with their marketing requirements.
- Proof-read others’ work.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role in B2B.
- Exceptional copywriting skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience of managing social media channels for business including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- The right attitude is hugely important in this role – proactivity, confidence and self-motivation are critical.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- A strong team player who works well using their own initiative with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to effectively manage suppliers and agencies.
- Ability to oversee projects from concept to completion.
- A relevant Marketing qualification (Degree equivalent or CIM).
- Must be able to drive and be flexible with travel.
- Experience of working in the manufacturing industry, ideally in the home improvement sector.
- B2C retail marketing experience.
Please send your CV and covering letter, detailing your salary expectations and why you are a suitable candidate.
This is a permanent, full time position, salary is negotiable dependent on skills, knowledge and experience
Dependent on Experience