Proving invaluable support to the Marketing & Communications Manager, you'll help ensure the Aldi personality is always unique, powerful and consistent in the marketplace.
Insightful and knowledgeable, you'll help in all areas of product advertising, marketing and PR. That makes it an exciting and fast-paced team to join. With the ability to think on your feet, react positively to a variety of challenges and cope with anything we throw at you, you'll keep Aldi growing.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. Which means our marketing and communications need to keep up.
Role: Marketing Assistant
Salary: £31,600 rising to £36,900
Contract: Fixed Term Contract - 14 Months
Aldi is one of the biggest advertisers in the UK Grocery market, delivering a constant communication message across a variety of different media.
We are looking for a new Marketing Assistant who is a creatively minded individual with a self-motivated approach to work, used to working in a high pressure, time sensitive environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
You will be sat within the Marketing team but will be expected to developed and build cross-functional relationship through the business.
It is a place where you are trusted to think for yourself, and take complete ownership for your role, and because we are one of the UK’s fastest-growing supermarkets, you get to do far more than you would anywhere else. If you have a great idea that will help everything run even smoother and more effectively than it does now, you will be encouraged to put it into practice. After all, that is how we get better and why it is so enjoyable to work here.
This is an exciting role and key duties will include the following:
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Management of the creative agency ensuring the delivery of creative assets that are in line with the brand strategy and delivering key messaging
• Attention to detail to ensure consistent accuracy
• Briefing third party agencies to deliver accurate and timely creative
• Experience of campaign management is required
• Liaising and building strong relationship with key stakeholders of all levels across the business
• Have the ability to distil multiple areas of information and form clear recommendations and actions
• Highly organised
• Strong time management skills and can prioritise work accordingly
• Managing internal stakeholders throughout the process
• Develop considered, engaging proposals across key areas of responsibility
• Proactively stay abreast of competitor activity, channel developments and key industry updates
• Actively seek methods for driving improvements and processes to raise the bar
• Use data to conduct analysis of activity, making recommendations for future improvements.
• Managing ad hoc opportunities through the business
• Ability to work individually and as part of a wider team
Skills & Qualifications:
• Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent
• Current experience working in marketing, either for a marketing agency or for in-house (min. 12 months)
• Experience in briefing agencies, developing marketing plans and/or being part of the agency brief and approval process
• Good understanding and experience of briefing, managing, delivering and reporting of marketing campaigns
• Attention to detail is necessary
• Ability to multi-task and balance a variety of different projects at one time
• Analytical mindset, with a keenness to deliver a good creative solution
• Interest in creativity and innovation
• Excellent verbal/written communication
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work independently and part of a wider, growing team
• Experience in a campaign-planning role
• Project management skills are desirable
• Open to candidates from both agency and client side