Who are we
Allianz Partners is the world’s leading B2B2C specialist and expert in the creation and delivery of unique solutions that combine service, insurance and technology to provide worldwide protection and care. We specialise in assistance, international health & life, automotive and travel insurance. Our solutions are available to our business partners, and in some cases, are integrated into their own customer offers. They are also available via direct channels under our Allianz Assistance brand. Allianz Partners is part of the Allianz Group, one of the world’s largest insurers and leading financial services companies.
The Product Pricing Analyst sits within the Marketing Department and reports to the Product Marketing Manager, (responsible for market research , insight and strategy across all lines of business.) However the nature of the role is cross functional and will work with Operations and Underwriting as well as the wider Marketing and Sales teams.
Objective of the role
This role will have several main objectives laddering down into core responsibilities.
- Leading the definition of new Marketing Segments for our B2C and B2B2C lines of business. Working closely with the wider marketing function to define market sizing.
- Determining audiences we should target with digital marketing and their sizing as the next layer down from the segmentation
- To be the data evangelist and push the importance of data analysis across all functions.
- To be the advocate for media efficiency and ensure we are always spending our budget in the correct way
- To lead the set-up and change management of all reporting from the digital team.
- To ensure all reporting is accurate and correct at the time of publication
- To be the key contact for understanding the underlying data.
- Responsibility for the accurate entry of all pricing files from Underwriting into the IT platforms and test that all links and accuracy for customer facing policies and premiums are working.
- Setting up our customer facing products online to ensure the offer is clear, relevant and attractive to the target audience(s). As well as ensuring all links to the relevant supporting documentation are correct.
- Undertake user acceptance testing (UAT) for all new and updated online products ensuring a smooth customer journey and no bugs or errors on the platform in advance of launching to market.
- Undertaking timely market and competitor pricing comparisons across all products and distribution channels, ensuring we have a clear view of our pricing position v the market.
- Proposing and making recommendations for how we can improve our pricing to be competitive in the market
- To be the expert for the wider digital marketing team when it comes to data flows in and out of all our technology systems
Monday to Friday: 09:00 to 17:00 (35 hours per week). However, due to the nature of this role hours may vary in line with business needs.
What we expect of you
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our growing Marketing team, and further develop the organisation’s commercial and digital marketing expertise.
With a growing digital demand in the market, the Marketing Analyst will at the forefront of data analysis in the Marketing team, leading how we define “who” we target to ensuring we are priced correctly in a competitive market.
You will work cross functionally across the all business teams to ensure the we are always producing accurate and useful insight.
You will also be responsible for the following;
Health & Safety
- To ensure that your work area is kept safe and tidy at all times.
- To abide by the Health & Safety Work Act 1974.
- To notify the Company Health & Safety officer or the Managing Director of any Health & Safety issues which may cause harm to fellow employees.
Key Performance Areas
- To work towards achieving 100% on all Company, departmental and team performance targets, as directed by the Marketing team.
- To manage or assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by your line manager and other additional duties as requested.
- Complete all appropriate administration, including monthly reports.
- To work within and be compliant at all times with all relevant regulations and legislation applicable to the role.
Type of person
Analytical, strong attention to detail, digitally savvy, technical, commercial, ideally degree educated and with good A level results and clear numerical competence. Experience in an office environment, dealing with external clients and internal stakeholders.
- Well-presented and professional in line with working within a corporate environment.
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent.
- Minimum of grade C GCSE Maths
- Excellent fluency in written and verbal English
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft products in an office environment.
Practical evidence of experience within the following areas:
- Demonstration of analytical skill and competence in data input, research and insight from it.
- Successfully working independently and collaboratively within a fast paced environment, able to adapt and pivot within a rapidly changing digital landscape
- A good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office tools.
- Take ownership & responsibility of work delivery
- Proactive approach
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of handling data in various formats
- Excellent attention to detail & consistently achieving work of a high quality
- Excellent analytic skills
- Strong focus on customer needs
- Flexible/ adaptable in order to deal with a varied workload and to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and build effective working relationships with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- Curious – with ability to question why we do what we do, with confidence to recommend changes based on fact and insight.
- Experience in marketing
- Experience working within financial services sector including insurance.
- Project management experience/ skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Knowledge and experience of statistical analysis tool such as SAS, SPSS, SQL or web analytics and optimisation tools
- Experience in sales working with different channels such as B2B and B2C, preferably within the finance & insurance industry
- Knowledge and experience of marketing communication principles and best practices
- Knowledge of programs such as Jira and EQS & PDS pricing tools