Job Title Market Reporter (Turkish Speaking) – Petrochemicals
Job type: Permanent
Location:London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship Europe editor, Petrochemicals
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company with a global team of journalists providing essential information on commodity markets to producers, consumers, traders and governments.
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We are currently looking for a Turkish-speaking Reporter to join our growing Petrochemicals team. Preferably we are looking for an individual with some journalism experience or someone with proven interest in pursuing a career in journalism and market reporting.
Your role will include market reporting and writing market analysis. You will engage with the industry to deliver insightful commentary and help. You will be self-starting and enjoy collaborative work with colleagues from a range of backgrounds, many located in Argus’ other offices around the globe.
There are opportunities to travel and attend industry events, and to develop networks/specific market knowledge, as well as to present at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
- Assess markets to produce weekly and monthly price assessments, market analysis, news and reports
- Drive market engagement. Source new contacts and build deep relationships with the industry.
- Work closely with the Business Development group to provide pricing solutions relevant to the petrochemicals and polymer markets
- Daily contact with producers, consumers, distributors, traders and other key market figures to build relationships
- Help to build and curate data sets that help explain market dynamics
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent Argus
Skills and Experience
- A graduate with a strong degree
- Fluent in Turkish
- Previous experience in reporting or proven interest in pursuing a career in business journalism
- Ability to write market focused analysis within commodity markets
- Ability to develop, source and write industry relevant news to deadline
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills (these will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills
- Additional languages useful but not essential
- Proficiency/past experience working with Excel
- Demonstrable interest in global business and politics
- Self motivated, able to use initiative and inquisitive by nature
- Strong social skills and team-oriented
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions