Job Title: Market Reporter/Business Journalist – Commodity Markets
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Editor
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We are looking for a passionate, driven and resourceful commodity reporter to join our expanding global team.
Using a combination of journalistic curiosity and an ability to analyse commodity market data, you will cover daily news, deals and tenders, as well as providing well-researched market analysis and accurate price assessments. You will join a truly global team, with editors/reporters located in London, Asia, North America, Latin America and Russia.There are many opportunities to travel and present papers at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
This is an excellent opportunity to forge your career covering the economically and politically influential sector of global energy and commodities.
You will apply and develop your skills across daily news reporting, market analysis, features and editorials in this fast-paced environment with the highest standards of journalistic independence and integrity. There are opportunities to travel and present papers at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
As part of a small team you will help with weekly price assessments in the international market and write daily market commentaries and news as well as contribute to the weekly report.
- Monitor and assess markets to produce daily news, weekly price assessments, market commentaries and reports
- Analyse data to find insights on global commodity trade
- Daily contact with producers, traders and buyers and other key market sources to build relationships, gather market intelligence
- Develop two-way relationships with contacts and share market intelligence
- Contribute copy to relevant daily news stories and weekly publications and the on-line news service
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent Argus Media externally.
Skills and Experience
- A graduate with a strong degree
- Ability to develop, source and write news to deadline
- Excellent written, grammatical and numeracy skills
- Ability to analyse data and write engaging content
- Excellent communication skills with aptitude to network and build contacts
- Strong software skills, notably Excel, and ability to learn new software
- Prior experience of working in the financial, energy,or journalism sector is useful but not essential
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team
- Additional languages useful but not essential
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative and equipped with an inquisitive nature
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and maintain industry contacts
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions