Job TitleMarket Reporter– LPG
Job type: Permanent
Location:London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship Editor – LPG
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
The LPG desk in London forms part of a global network producing a daily international report with input from Singapore, Moscow and Houston as well as contributions from 18 other offices around the world, from Shanghai to Rio de Janeiro.
We set benchmark prices for LPG around the world so what we do matters. LPG is affected by myriad factors both local and global, making it a fascinating area to report on. Accuracy, persistence and a sharp analytical mind are vital. We are a friendly and supportive team who work together tomake our report the best it can be.
You will be responsible for making daily price assessments and writing market commentaries, as well as writing news and in-depth analysis for the daily International LPG publication and for thebi-weekly LPG World.
You will work in tandem with senior reporters and editors who will provide training and support to develop in-depth knowledge of the markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to forge your career in business journalism covering the economically and politically influential sector of global energy and commodities. You will apply and develop your skills across daily news reporting, market analysis, features and editorials in this fast-paced environment with the highest standards of journalistic independence and integrity; and there are opportunities to travel and present papers at industry conferences and lead webinar sessions.
- Monitor and assess markets to produce daily price assessments, market commentaries, news, analysis and reports
- Regular meetings and daily communication with key members of the industry, including traders, brokers, and business leaders to build relationships and gather news
- Contribute copy to relevant daily and periodical publications and the on-line news service
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent Argus in the industry
Skills and Experience
- A graduate with a strong degree from a top tier university
- Proven ability to develop, source and write industry-relevant news to deadline is preferred
- Knowledge of the energy and commodity sectors useful but not essential
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills (these will be tested as part of the interview process)
- Ability to use data in generating stories and analysis is preferred, while a willingness to learn is essential
- Excellent communication skills with ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
- Prior experience of working in the financial or energy journalism sector is useful but not essential
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team
- Additional languages useful but not essential
- Demonstrable interest in global energy markets
- Self motivated, able to use initiative and equipped with an inquisitive nature
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions