Job Title: Marine Electrician
Salary: Highly Competitive Plus benefits
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday
About the company:
Oyster Yachts is a British brand of luxury cruising sailing yachts established in 1973. The company is based in Southampton, with offices and shipyards in the UK, Spain and the US
Built on the foundation of over 20 million blue-water sailing miles and 75 circumnavigations, we pride ourselves on putting people first. As a growing business, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their work, along with continuous improvements in efficiencies and quality.
Marine Electrician Introduction:
Are you passionate about taking responsibility and having the ability to make a difference? Do you think outside the box and enjoy tackling challenges with colleagues alongside you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for an experienced, detail orientated and motivated individual to work as a Marine Electrician to join our Manufacturing team in Southampton.
The Marine Electrician Role:
The successful Marine Electrician will be responsible for installing and testing all electrics, electronics and navigation equipment on our luxury cruising yachts to an exceptional standard.
Marine Electrician Main Responsibilities:
As a Marine Electrician, you will be responsible for:
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings
- Coordinating your workload with other departments, such as engineering and boat building
- Carrying out general maintenance on equipment, including PAT testing
- Installing electrical equipment on luxury yachts
- Self-motivated and responsible for personal development
- Installation of electrical systems
- Fault finding on AC or DC systems
- Installation of navigation systems
- Fault finding of navigation systems
- Installing and connecting generators/batteries
- Engine room electrical fit outs
The ideal Marine Electrician:
- Knowledge of AC/DC systems is essential, a relevant electrical qualification is also essential
- Good organisational skills and aptitude for applying technical knowledge practically
- Good marine background would also be advantageous
- An ability to work on your own or as part of a team with an understanding of working to deadlines is essential
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Marine Electrician to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay along with good company benefits.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then we would welcome your application.
Apply below today!