When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As part of the Perth manufacturing leadership team; the Manufacturing Supervisor leads an autonomous department(s) to deliver organizational and production results in line with the site strategy (Strategic A3) and specific objectives for the department(s) including:
This role will be working a 12 hour shift pattern 7am-7pm with flexibility to work weekend,
- Safety, Quality, Output and OEE, Schedule adherence
- Engagement, Attendance, Training and Development
What will you do?
- Setting clear performance expectations and holding your team and individuals accountable for achieving desired results
- Providing open, timely and actionable feedback to improve poor performance or misalignment of priorities
- Recognising colleagues for exceptional performance
- Monitors, reviews, and improves manufacturing and quality related activities and drives investigations, corrective and preventative actions.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to drive continuous improvement in support of the departments and sites productivity target
- Mentors and develops direct reports and the entire manufacturing team. Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results while driving a culture of accountability
- Creating an environment where individuals feel valued and different perspectives are encouraged and respected
- Fostering a culture where individuals feel physically and emotionally safe and can raise difficult issues
- Promoting a culture of learning and information sharing
- Empowering and encouraging team members to take intelligent risks
- Assessing local environments to understand negative drivers (ex. turnover, morale, productivity) and executes remediation plans as appropriate
- Understands root cause of targeted organisational challenges and removes barriers to success
- Aligning work priorities to business, functional and company goals
- Communicating a clear plan and motivating the team to achieve goals and defined success metrics
- Regularly reviewing team’s priorities. Have the courage and discipline to prioritise the critical few and stop non/low-value-added work
- Maintains a safe work environment, a high level of safety awareness among associates, and implements 5S principles.
- Role-model the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4i Values and Operations Competencies and use as a day-to-day guide in decision making within your department.
- Experience of manufacturing or complex operations environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to read, comprehend, and write correspondence and reports
- Must be able to communicate effectively with multiple levels of staff throughout the organisation
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen
- Demonstrated ability building relationships across various functional teams
- Experience of forecasting, inventory management, and production planning
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong proficiency in ERP systems
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience
- Experienced leader of people within a production/operations environment
- Drive for Results - High level of technical and leadership skills and the ability to train/coach others.
- Decision Quality - Attention to detail and a systematic approach.
- Role Model Leader – Hands on approach and flexible attitude to daily work/responsibilities, ability to lead by example
- Problem Solving -Effective in technical and organizational troubleshooting to root cause
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.