Due to significant growth within our EMEA Manufacturing HQ we have 2 fantastic, newly created opportunities for experienced Manufacturing Shift Supervisors.
You will be responsible for the shift and deliver manufacturing requirements in a safe and quality focused manner through the effective supervision of a multi-functional team. These roles will provide support to all functions/ individuals on site during the defined shift with explicit focus on delivering the cell culture manufacturing plan.
The shift patterns will be set for each role although flexibility is required
Backshift: Monday to Friday 2.00pm – 10.00pm OR Nightshift: Sunday to Thursday 10.00pm – 6.00am
What you will do:
- You will ensure that all products are produced to the required specifications, schedules are effectively executed on time and in full, and that all staff comply with the companies health and safety requirements
- Supervision of staff, management of schedule execution and ensuring that all processes are completed with a quality first mindset
- Monitor performance across the different teams, making adjustments where required to ensure effective execution of the schedule
- Deliver effective communication across the shift and ensure an effective handover happens at shift start/ end
- Effectively develop team members using situational leadership and feedback to team managers on staff performance across the shift
- Identify opportunities to improve line performance and work with stream leads on how to deliver on these opportunities
- Improve overall customer experience through improved schedule attainment, improved yield, reduced rework, effective 5S execution and adherence to the ISO13485:2016 standard
Who we are looking for:
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and how best to deploy the different tools to drive efficiencies in manufacturing processes
- Previous experience leading a team in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to get the best out of employees through understanding of individual requirements from a coaching, supporting, delegating or directing perspective
- Show passion, commitment, a strong results focus and an ability to connect with and understand company strategy and how this cascades through to the shop floor
- Ability to consider multiple options when making decisions and incorporate contingency planning and data analysis to the decision making process
- Thermo Fisher is a very forward thinking company and as such this role requires an individual who embraces change and is someone who is able to support the individuals through challenging change initiatives
What we offer:
- Free car parking
- On site subsidised gym
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- A variety of flexible benefits
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.