£30-35k plus benefits
Based in Warwick
My client is a private limited company, specialising in the design, development and manufacture of a wide range of electro-mechanical, mechanical and electronic sensors and gauges for equipment requiring liquid level, temperature and pressure measurement.
They design and manufacture a wide range of sensors, switches and gauges for the control and monitoring of fuel, oil, water and coolant levels and temperatures for OEM customers worldwide.
The role of the Manufacturing Engineeristo establish robust and repeatable processes to ensure defect free manufacture of products for all assembly operations to improve the quality output.
The Manufacturing Engineerwill be responsible for:
- Establish and implement training programmes for all production staff to ensure product build consistency
- Ensure work instructions are available, accurate and followed for all processes
- Refine the cell layout of manufacturing processes and introduce automation where appropriate
- In conjunction with the Quality Department, implement in line testing to assure process consistency
- Manage the engineering change process and help maintain accuracy of all BOM data
- Assist the Technical Department with Design for Manufacture activities
- Implement culture of best practice for all production processes including Right First Time and 5S
- Generate KPIs for manufacturing performance
- Ensure preventative maintenance programmes are implemented for all machinery, jigs and fixtures
- Play an active role in improving the consistency of purchased parts
- Lead initiatives to eliminate waste and reduce scrap
- Constantly strive to increase profitability through improved efficiency of manufacturing processes
The Manufacturing Engineerwill have:
- Experience of production engineering gained in a manufacturing environment, ideally automotive, and with an emphasis on assembly of precision components
- Experience in leading continuous improvement programmes
- Familiarity with MRP systems and complex bills of materials (BOMs)
- Engineering degree, HND or trade apprenticeship qualified
- Knowledge of ISO9001 quality procedures
- Understanding of world class manufacturing techniques such as mistake proofing, six sigma and value stream mapping
This position would suit a Manufacturing / Process Engineering who has an automotive background and has taken the lead in continuous improvement activities.
What you will receive in return:
- Great starting salary
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Internal career opportunities with a rapidly growing company
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below.