Provide engineering functionality for process optimization of manufacturing systems integration, developing equipment specifications, equipment procurement, machine design, operation, rebuild and providing training to operators. Expertise with CNC machinery, mechanical design, machine/system controls (electrical, programmable and ladder logic), hydraulics, pneumatics, instrumentation, machine operation, clean room technology, equipment/system troubleshooting, safe systems of work and factory layout.
Identify and lead Continuous Improvement efforts. Support the transfer to value stream effort. Monitor process capabilities and long term trends
Understands cross-functional interdependencies and seeks out input from business & functions' representatives and other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion.
Individual is expected to operate independently in fundamental core work assignment completion in line with the Engineering Supervisor/Value Stream Managers direction. Receives minimal supervision in:
- Analyze effectiveness and recommend improvements to present machinery operations, tool designs, production methods and machine control to improve process capability. (Increased safety, lower cost, higher yield, higher quality, shorter cycle time, etc.).
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiencies through analyzing, planning and the optimization of work-flow, production and equipment floor layout.
- Providing up-skilling of CNC operators.
- Organize and direct the installation of new equipment and machinery alterations to include troubleshooting during the production-commissioning period.
- Create proper documentation to facilitate equipment transition to production and assist the Process Engineering group to develop process parameters.
- Implements new equipment/ techniques for producing new products, reducing safety risks, lowering cost, increasing productivity, reducing down time for cost & delivery lead-time reduction.
- Assessing and planning for total preventative maintenance, ensuring critical equipment is understood and the risk of unplanned downtime is minimized or mitigated.
- Develops and maintains a fundamental awareness of customer and industry technical requirements and basic business acumen in regards to the business impact of technical decisions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Process Mapping
- Process Design
- DFM (Cpk, Ppk)
- Lean Manufacturing certified
- Change Management
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
Bachelors engineering degree with extensive engineering experience in a CNC Manufacturing environment.