Manufacturing Engineer / DBS-KAV003671
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
This role is responsible for the design, implement, monitor and maintain manufacturing processes. They consult with design engineers in order to achieve the most efficient and cost-effective way of producing the highest quality product possible. Responsible for leading the lean conversion plan and road map to drive significant improvement in the processes in Hatfield Operations. Focus on streamlining operations and manufacturing process through use of Danaher Business System (DBS) tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for manufacturing production cell design using lean manufacturing principles and single-piece flow methods
- Responsible for design, fabricate, and troubleshoot production and test fixtures
- Employ poka-yoke error proofing in the production process before end of line to improve defect prevention and detectability
- Collaboratively determine root cause of supplier and production defects. Lead the design and deployment of corrective actions real-time. Verify implementation and effectiveness
- Train production operators on proper assembly techniques for new product introduction and changes or errors within the current process
- Partner with quality assurance to determine root cause of customer complaints and out of box failures. Initiate changes in production process to ensure no defects escape the factory.
- Partner with quality assurance on non-conforming parts investigation and determine countermeasures by working with the vendor/supplier
- Lead production job hazard analysis and process FMEA to determine top safety and quality risks. Mitigate risks in order from the highest to lowest probability and severity.
- Design and implement real-time data collection processes to collect relevant manufacturing information
- Author and initiate Process Change Notices, Request Engineering Change Notices, and write Deviations - manage through the ECN process and implement change
- Set up and continuously improve 5S within the manufacturing cell as well as optimize the ergonomics around the operator workflow
- Support daily management metrics and resolution of issues related to Safety, Delivery and Productivity for assigned department(s)
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment in partnership with Operations Support Staff
- Ensure personnel are kept informed of conditions, trends, and important activities affecting their area as well as daily results, quality issues and other business needs
- Assure compliance with regulatory directives
- Drive process improvements through application of the Danaher Business System.
- Serve as lean manufacturing resource in Kaizens, safety action plans, countermeasures, etc.
- Assists Operations Manager in enforcing process changes following kaizen events and completing open newspaper items
- Drive problem-solving for production-related problems
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment as a Mechanical Engineer
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Experience using Microsoft Suite
- 2+ years of experience in continuous improvement initiatives (value-stream mapping, kaizen, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in project management experience with consideration of cost, policy, Company directives and talent
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others
- Knowledgeable in DBS skills including Kanban, Standard Work and Value Stream Mapping
- Experience in cross functional environment between engineering, quality and operations
- Proven electrical and mechanical aptitude and hands-on approach to solving issues
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher's Dental Platform is a $3B global business focused on all aspects of dental care. With the intention to spin-off the Dental Platform to become its own public company in the second half of 2019, “Dental Co” will become one of the largest and most innovative dental companies in the world. We are changing the face of dentistry with our differentiated portfolio of products designed to serve every dental professional’s need. It is our mission to make our dentist's work simpler and better connected so more patients are cared for in a shorter time. Our dental brands include traditional consumables and equipment (KaVo Kerr) and specialty products (Ormco and Nobel Biocare).