Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely -- every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch -- the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement -- we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers -- a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way -- the right way -- to achieve what others can only dream of.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will provide day to day production line support, proactive solutions and improvements at the Banbury facility. In addition, the role will provide on-going support for various operational projects.
In this role you will:
Provide day to day support to shafts production line, helping to ensure that safety, quality and output targets are met for a given area of the Banbury facility
- Author, implement and maintain a robust 'standard work' process deck that meets stringent quality management system requirements
- Ensure methods and processes within the facility are capable of meeting requirements for quality, delivery rate, cost and lead time
- Develop, improve and provide innovation to the manufacturing process, including the trial and implementation of new technologies
- Support quality issue investigations, quickly providing robust containment actions and conducting root cause analysis to implement permanent corrective actions
- Support new product introduction activities, through working closely with Design Engineering, ensuring that new capabilities / methods are at the required level of readiness for production and application
- This should not be considered an exhaustive list of the duties of the position; it is meant to give a general description of what the main duties are, recognising that the successful job incumbent may be requested to fulfil assignments in other departments within the business, commensurate with the level of this role.
eYou will bring to the role:
Relevant Manufacturing Experience with an understanding of manufacturing systems, measurement equipment and production flow lines and the introduction of new technologies.
- Technically competent with the ability to read engineering drawings and reports, and metrology results
- Experience of authoring clear and concise standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of Lean principles and quality problem solving tools
- Able to conduct Equipment FMEAs
- A strong awareness of current machinery legislation
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Data driven with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills at all business levels
- An awareness of current EH&S legislation
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organisation skills
- Able to operate effectively within a matrix organisation structure
- A flexible approach to working to ensure that deliverables are met within the defined timescale
- Business travel may be required <10%
- Desirable Attributes:
- Experience of composite material manufacturing
- Experience of Industrial engineering (work study)
- Knowledge of Solid Edge CAD package
- Experience of filament wind programming and proving
- SAP experience/awareness
- Professional Engineering accreditation
- Flexible approach to working to ensure that deliverables are met within the defined timescale
- An appreciation of Industry 4.0 Methodology
- From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks and/or learn new skills which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given.
As part of the legal requirement to comply with international trade controls, we require all candidates to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check including criminal record checks. In addition we will check the identity of all employees against various government denied party lists prior to making a formal offer of employment.