MANAGING QUANTITY SURVEYOR
“As Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will drive success leadingacross a live projects and be responsible for maximising quality, service andprofitability”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s mostformidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of deliveringschemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities wework in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of theindustries leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to workon some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well asthe chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. Youwill be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level withexceptional levels of commitment.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, inparticular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over thelast few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework andMidlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Rightnow, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHAstrengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership incollaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions.We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a reallystrong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV andcome and join us, exciting times are ahead!
The Local Authorities (North) Team is one of threeregional units delivering highways projects for both Local Authorities andPrivate Clients. Based in Morley, Leeds,the team is currently going through a period of expansion and is anticipated togrow further, largely owing to the successful delivery of both one-off projectsand frameworks for several clients. Thisbusiness Unit now includes operations for Highways England and numerous LocalAuthorities.
This role will be working within this team dedicatedto projects within our Highways function, committed to improving existing roadinfrastructure. We have established longterm relationships and frameworks to deliver diverse work packages such as roadsurfacing and associated civils, street-lighting maintenance and renewals,temporary traffic management measures, carriageway markings and anti-skidsurface treatments.
As Managing QS you will responsible for and not limited to;
· Measurement and valuation of works (on siteand from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparingdetailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevantmeasurement standards.
· Measurement and valuation of subcontractorswork for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontractvaluations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
· Recognising and advising Project Manager ondelays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevantnotices are issued.
· Ensuring adequate records are kept for thepurposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense bymaintaining records of resource allocation including labour, plant andmaterials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/orexpense claims.
· Preparation of claim documentation &information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
· Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates andquotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protectingCompanies interests.
· Preparation of tender enquiry documents forthe procurement of subcontractors and assist with the subcontract buyersthrough to placement of order.
· Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontractliability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end datesand deadlines
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a commitment fordelivering excellence. If you have a solid track record for delivering civilsprojects from a commercial standpoint then get in touch as I want to hear fromyou. You’ll need experience of working in the contracting environment with goodworking knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract, with knowledgeof measuring work for roads/bridges offering a distinct advantage. If you aredegree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professionalmembership) that would be preferred. If this sounds like you and you are readyto strive for exceptional levels of performance, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs mostexciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each daybrings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits packageincluding car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holidayplus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours andarrangements.
For more information on this Managing Quantity Surveyor role or toenquire about other positions available within our highways business pleasecontact Donna Apperley firstname.lastname@example.org
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community