BM Trada, part of Element, has a rare opportunity as a Managing Editor (Technical) within our publishing team based in High Wycombe, supporting us to develop highly regarded architectural, engineering and other technical publications for TRADA (Timber Research and Development Association) information programme, and management certification guides for the wider business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a leading Global TIC business.
- To commission, edit, produce and project manage technical and management publications, from draft to final document in multiple digital and print formats
- To identify and act on commercial opportunities to create bespoke new or adapted information for targeted markets served by the company
- Combine technical with editorial expertise to deliver a profitable technical writing / publishing service
- To maintain high quality standards of technical information
- To deputise for the Business Unit Head as required
- To work closely with team members, technical staff and external suppliers to deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Project initiation and commercial development/partnership building experience
Hands-on editing skills – text/drawings & photos/digital and print formats
- Project management skills (planning and keeping to deadlines, sourcing authors, reviewers and production suppliers)
- Technical leaning, evidenced by working in regulatory-type environment, has engaged with specialist subject areas and actively developed their knowledge,
Cost control – budgets/basic spreadsheets
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Confident/assertive with tech content and people as they will need to represent the team at technical meetings
- Strong commercial, organisational and communication skills are a pre-requisite for this role
- Experience in technical / scientific editorial environment
- Project / programme management skills
- Copyediting, writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent English language skills and attention to detail
- Good IT skills and understanding of electronic publishing processes
- Likely to have experience of mentoring others
Please apply by email to Mat.Hudson@element.com
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.