As Managing Director you will have responsibility for the running of the company and its profitability. You will also hold responsibility for the development and management of projects, from investment purchase, local legal and regulatory compliance, planning, design, demolition, sales, tender and procurement, construction management and all stages of development of the project. You will build and lead a team to ensure these aspects are all suitably run. Project investments will be in excess of £1 billion.
You will take a lead in coordinating with local (and, where applicable, national) government and other authorities on any project development issues and policy discussions.
You will report directly to the board of the parent company.
- Responsible for taking a lead role in coordinating operational and commercial activities across the company in conjunction with the parent company and the majority shareholder in Hong Kong.
- Provide overall direction, leadership and control of all departments, particularly through effective direct leadership of the relevant workstream heads.
- Oversee multiple concurrent development projects, each at varying stages from inception to completion.
- Lead and support workstream heads with key planning deliverables, including gathering input into the company business plan but retaining overall responsibility for its drafting together with approval from head office and/or the majority shareholder in Hong Kong.
- Implement the business plan and identify actions to be taken in order to mitigate risks whilst maximising opportunities.
- Identify and track upstream and downstream interdependencies and risks to the company’s activities and projects, taking direct action and delegating suitable actions where appropriate.
- Provide supervision and guidance for bidding, tendering and negotiation processes when required, particularly providing strategic input.
- Oversee and set controls and delivery against company and, where appropriate, individual project, budgets - to include profits, preliminaries, procurements, etc.
- Produce management reports for internal use as well as for head office and other associated companies and the majority shareholder in Hong Kong/China - accordingly reports may be required in both English and Chinese.
- Liaise on a regular basis with the majority shareholder in Hong Kong and other associated companies in China to ensure the business is proceeding according to overall corporate strategy - accordingly business level language skills will be required in both English and Chinese.
- Dynamically assess and identify resource requirements and direct the recruitment activities as required.
- Set and monitor KPIs.
- Take decisions following input and advice from internal and, where appropriate, external sources, on the highest level business decisions.
- Develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with suppliers, contractors, decision makers, etc.
- Represent the company effectively at business presentations, high level trade events, networking opportunities, etc.
- Promote and uphold the values of the company and protect and advance its reputation.
- International travel to head office and associated companies.
- Educated to degree level in Business Management, a related field, a field relevant to the company’s industry, or equivalent experience.
- Business level written and oral language skills in both English and Chinese.
- Substantial experience in real estate investment and development management within the UK market in relation to large scale major projects including high-rise residential projects in the UK.
- Demonstrable experience of senior management positions within a significant real estate development/construction business.
- Significant experience of relevant UK regulations and legislation.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the UK real estate market and the development and sale of sites to international buyers including the legal implications of such cross-border transactions.
- Strong people management skills with a track record of people management, team working and leadership.
- Excellent reporting abilities.
- Demonstrable negotiating experience, with an entrepreneurial and analytical approach to business.
- International investment development management is desirable.
Additional job details
- Job location: Altrincham, Cheshire and London according to location of development sites.
- Status: Permanent full-time position
- Gross Basic Salary: £160,000 per annum
- Application closing date: 21st February 2019
To apply for position, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter by post to:
UK Wealth Holdings Development Ltd
3rd Floor, 1 Ashley Road
We will only deal with applications received by post by the closing date.