KPMG North Restructuring team are looking for a Manager to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types, with a particular focus on corporate insolvency engagements.
• On certain smaller assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key skills and competencies required:
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’
• Corporate insolvency experience essential
• Ideally some stakeholder advisory experience
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
Source : KPMG UK