Manager - Restructuring
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is the leading independent global professional services firm. We deliver world-leading performance improvement and advisory consulting – for restructuring, transformation, and healthy company situations. This allows organisations to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action.
The regulatory changes impacting audit practices in the U.K. and Europe are having a significant impact on the Restructuring practices of the Big 4 accounting firms. Identifying this as an opportunity for growth, A&M is expanding its Restructuring practice with the stated aim of quickly becoming the first global, independent, full service Restructuring advisor.
A&M’s European business has over 800 staff offering a broad range of professional services including: Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services.
Our Restructuring practice is winning and delivering work at a rapid pace and we have recently opened a new office in Birmingham, as part of our strategic expansion into the UK regional market. We are recruiting talented individuals to join us in this new expanding office at Senior Associate/Manager level.
We are looking for individuals with experience working on regional restructuring advisory and/or insolvency assignments.
- As part of a highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to manage multiple and challenging engagements, working closely with many of our Managing Directors
- You will be expected to provide leadership in teams and you will gain broad industry exposure
- The successful candidate will benefit from our well established formal training and gain ‘on the job’ learning and development
- You will be given the opportunity to use the commercial aspects of your financial analysis skills while performing IBRs, short term cash flow and contingency planning assignments
- You will be encouraged to internally network with our other service lines and to work on external marketing events to build cross service line relationships
Successful candidates will gain an exceptional range of experience, working on assignments across the restructuring spectrum. In addition, once established in the firm, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new mandates.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified, with 2+ years post qualified Restructuring experience and a strong academic track record
- Demonstrable a breadth of experience within the restructuring team of a Big 4 or Regional professional services firm
- Demonstrate the desire to build on existing skill sets and develop additional knowledge of all restructuring offerings with evident project experience in some / all of the following: IBRs, short term cash flow and capital structure analysis, formal insolvency or contingency planning;
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, confident and impactful presenter;
- Objective, fact-based approach to problem solving;
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and leads by example.
Please note that A&M are currently not able to offer work permits so you must already hold the necessary legal papers to work in the UK or the European Union.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. We do sincerely value your interest in Alvarez & Marsal; therefore, if you do not hear back from us on this occasion, we would encourage you to continue to apply to other advertised opportunities for which your experience may be more suitable.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.