What you will do:
ShopperTrak, part of Johnson Controls, empowers retailers and shopping centres worldwide to optimise the shopping experience and improve profitability through data-driven insights. We have enabled thousands of retailers and shopping centres worldwide to increase revenue and profitability, by providing them with multi-dimensional data for clear cut decisions so they can uncover extraordinary insight to increase profitability.
Through our unique retail technology and analysis solutions, we can identify key in-store and online profit opportunities in areas such as customer conversions, queue management, sales, marketing and merchandising. Our insights support retail benchmarking between stores and sites.
The product manager is responsible for defining and delivering ShopperTrak video solutions focusing on Shopping Centre’s on a global basis. The candidate will be responsible for increasing ShopperTrak’s market share and driving profitable revenue growth through various solutions within the Retail Industry. This function will drive strategic product roadmaps that meet global customer needs, manage external vendor partners and lead internal cross functional teams to ensure successful market launch of high impact solutions.
As a solution portfolio subject matter expert for the Sensormatic Solutions ShopperTrak Portfolio, this position will be frequently asked to participate in high level global customer, and strategic partner meetings to present product roadmaps and strategic perspective.
How will you do it:
Responsible for developing business cases, market requirements and product definitions through a diligent “outside-in” Voice of Market and Voice of Customer approach.
Determine engineering development priorities, as well as business development opportunities via both acquisitions and partnerships.
Responsible for portfolio and lifecycle management and leading the team that will need to manage the software offerings through the cradle-to-grave lifecycle.
Proactively work with Sensormatic Solutions / ShopperTrak and broader JCI teams to ensure their product roadmaps address Sensormatic Solutions / ShopperTrak retail market customer needs and provide Sensormatic Solutions with first to market opportunity as well as leveraging and fitting into larger JCI initiatives.
Lead product development process activities associated with all product and service solutions to ensure quality technical evaluation, high impact business case development, senior management alignment and sponsorship and successful market launches.
Work with other functional areas of the company, including sales, marketing, operations, strategic sourcing, service and installation, finance, legal, and monitoring to provide direction and collaborate on all new products and product enhancements.
Collaborate with Sensormatic Solutions marketing, business development and sales organizations to better understand vertical market customer needs and provide product guidance and presentation support for Global accounts.
Staff, develop and manage the day-to-day activities for a team of highly experienced and productive product and solution managers.
• 3+ years of leadership experience as a product/solutions manager in a related industry or field.
• Experience creating a strategic vision, gaining senior management alignment and successful launch of new products or services to market.
• Experience with developing and marketing technology products within the Retail Industry
• Experience in leading product management teams for enterprise class software and service-based solutions.
• Experience with complex technology solutions and distributed computing systems
• Demonstrated experience in leading product management and development teams to develop and launch innovated technology-based solutions.
• Experience with solutions comprising various technologies including, wireless, IP networking, middleware, analytics, distributed computing systems, IoT, enterprise software development and data management.
• Experience with developing and marketing hosted (SAAS) and licensed software solutions.
• Demonstrated cross functional leadership skills, collaborative problem solving and decision-making skills, and project coordination/management.
• Strong experience with interfacing with various internal (sales, development, operations, marketing, etc.) and external constituents (customers, analysts, partners, etc.