Have you got a background in Account Management? Are you passionate about the travel sector? Expedia's Local Expert team is leading the way to provide our customers with access to events, activities, tours, unique attractions, and ground transportation. Whether you want to travel the unbeaten path, take in rich historical experiences, events, or curated tours this team is putting the information at our fingertips.
In your new role as a Destination Manager, you’ll build an attractive portfolio of products with excellent rates and inventory that your partners are excited to sell. You’ll also serve as a single point of contact for multiple supply partners in various destinations, where you will craft and edit inspiring content that engages our customers and helps to achieve revenue goals.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new Destination Services relationships as well as maintain existing partnerships, while appropriately merchandising the product portfolio.
- Flex your creativity while adhering to style guides to write activity descriptions that clarify details and amenities. You’ll also work with supply partners to update existing content as needed.
- Negotiate attractive offers, margins, inventory, and other commercial terms.
- Resolve day-to-day problems such as accounting, invoicing, and notification.
- Produce regular reports on partner activity, including weekly, monthly sales and margin reports, regular partner happiness surveys and ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Identify, prioritize, and drive operational improvements, such as new categories of supply, improved ticket types, streamlined redemption, and accounting processes.
- Attend tradeshows, partner briefings, and individual account visits to review information and processes with existing partners, develop promotional ideas, and cultivate new supply relationships.
- Operates within the organization’s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and build results, is appropriately respectful, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multilevel organization.
Who you are:
- Proven experience in an Account Management capacity, preferably within the travel industry
- Extremely comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Experience successfully negotiating complex packages as well as maintaining account relationships
- Experience covering either French or Italian markets, associated language skills desirable but not essential
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.