What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
Solarflare Communications is seeking a Human Resource Manager for our UK Office, based in Cambridge.
As the UK HR Manager for Solarflare you will be the point person for all HR related activities for our UK Division; working collaboratively across the organization to ensure continuous improvement, maximize efficiency, and effectiveness. You will be responsible for a broad range of activities requiring strategic input through to detailed implementation.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Previous experience of working in a stand-alone, hands on role in a relevant sector
- Excellent knowledge of the HR policies, practices and processes (including recruitment, terms & conditions, remuneration and benefits)
- Understanding of current UK employment law and awareness of HR Best Practice and emerging themes
- Has an approach that demonstrates a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Be approachable and able to support the team by stepping in where needed
- Previous line manager responsibility would be an advantage as the Office Manager reports directly to the HR Manager
- Previous experience of ISO 9001 / 14001
- Payroll administration
- Lead and participate in HR related projects making recommendations as required.
- Support managers by providing an advisory and consultative service on all aspects the of employment lifecycle, ensuring that Solarflare complies with best practice and legal requirements.
- Work with and assist employees on HR matters, including their personal terms and conditions, application of HR and H&S policy, wellbeing issues etc.
- Manage sensitive employee matters in conjunction with managers
- Develop appropriate recruitment strategies and manage the recruitment, selection & induction process.
- Support managers in employee development and creating meaningful development plans
- Ensure that external services provided for employee benefits are managed effectively and deliver excellent services for Solarflare and its employees.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective and compliant documentation, policies and procedures across the employee lifecycle.
- Develop and implement the UK HR strategy and action plan in line with business objectives.
- Undertake payroll and benefits administration including share options administration
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
- Maintain the HR information system including employee files. Produce relevant management information as required to support decision-making
- Continue to develop the Solarflare Wellness Programme
- Continue with action planning as a result from engagement survey results
We offer a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including 25 days’ holiday, share options, private medical cover, life insurance and cycle scheme.
Skills and Qualifications:
Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development qualification CIPD qualification preferably Chartered MCIPD
Degree preferred but not essential
What is going to make you successful here at Solarflare?
- Team player with ability to build relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment
- Solution focused
- Ability to work under time constraints and prioritizing work flows
- Open-minded to continuous change, adaptability for growth
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You will be innovative and creative
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- The role is a real mix of HR Strategy, HR Generalist and Operational so it does require someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.