As a result of ongoing growth within the Screening Business Unit, we have an exciting opportunity for two hands-on Managers to join our leadership team. As Manager of the Screening Services team, you will be responsible for a team of scientists carrying out cell-based processes and screening operations for standard and configurable compound or CRISPR-Cas9 cell panel screens. In this role, you will lead work to execute standard and configured screening offerings at high throughput using controlled processes. You will ensure effective deployment of people, materials, processes, systems and equipment and operate with a customer-first mindset, to deliver projects to customers on time, profitably and to the required quality.
Successful candidates will have a strong interest in process management and operational excellence with a demonstrable level of supervisory or management experience.
- Manage a team of scientists working in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding
- Provide effective performance feedback and empower employees
- Maintain transparent communication and appropriately communicate organisation information
- Where required, manage the recruitment process for new hires.
- Work with Platform Leader to develop and deliver an operating plan that efficiently delivers quality high throughput screening projects
- Ensure each production workflow is fully defined, monitored and reported on appropriately
- Implement production practices that enable the current headcount to increase output
- Develop & deliver KPIs/metrics that help develop our services
- Drive a culture of high throughput with quality and continuous improvement at the centre
- Contribute to a rolling plan of improvements
- Drive continuous improvement and change-control to improve the controlled processes
- Working with key stakeholders, continually implement new standards to keep our offer market relevant
Essential Competencies & Requirements
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and empowerment capacity to inspire and ignite others and to develop their talents and abilities.
- A demonstrable level of team leader, supervisory or management experience
- A good level of experience in leading projects and technical teams
- Experienced of cell-based production and/or validation activities, ideally in a manufacturing environment
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
- Experience of pooled and arrayed high-throughput screening assays
- Experience in using LIMS and automation equipment
- Experience of working and implementing in a regulated environment
- Safe handling and production of lentiviral reagents
Closing Date 23rd October 2020 - please note that we will be reviewing applications as they come in so early application is strongly advised