My client, an award-winning law firm based in the heart of the City, is looking to recruit a
Management Accountant Trainee to assist with the production of monthly management
information and reports.
Working alongside the Management Accountant, you will be closely involved in all budgeting
aspects for the firm, and will provide guidance to the Office Account Team for daily nominal
postings as well as maintaining the accuracy of the balance sheet for reporting purposes.
Duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly Management Accounts and weekly productivity reports - to include firm wide profit and loss accounts, departmental contribution statements and various KPI reports to agreed timescales
- Assisting the Management Accountant in the preparation of the annual firm wide budget and reforecasts as required
- Maintenance of the monthly cost centre budgets and reporting of actual results including variance analysis to key stakeholders
- Working with the Management Accountant on the production of the annual and quarterly Financial Statements prepared in accordance to FRS102 accounting standards
- Maintenance of balance sheet items, including but not limited to Fixed Asset, Prepayments and Accrual schedules
- Preparation and completion of ONS Surveys
- Assisting with the statutory audit
- Dealing with ad-hoc reporting and business analysis requests
- Liaising with the Office Account Team with respect to expenses and invoice postings
- Training internal clients on financial processes
- Provide assistance in various finance projects which drive automation and efficiency
The firm is ideally looking for someone who is a Part-Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), with excellent academic results including a 2.1 degree or above, and experience of working in a professional services or legal environment.
For further information or a confidential chat, please get in touch with us at RB Recruit.