Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Management Accountant to work for a well-established non-destructive testing manufacturer, part of a global manufacturing group, based in Swindon.
SALARY: £40,000 – £45,000 base (DOE)
· Group Benefits
· Contributory Pension
· 25 Days plus Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bristol, Oxford, Reading, Newbury
JOB SPECIFICATION: Management Account, Europe : Manufacturer
The Management Accountant will be responsible for Accounting reports and Credit, Month End Close, Financial Analysis and reporting related to key management initiatives for both the German and UK businesses. This role will participate in cross-functional teams as a subject matter expert, aimed to simplify and grow the business.
We are looking for candidates who:
· Responsible for managing Credit and Account reports at UK and German locations and make recommendations towards existing processes.
· Month end close entries related to Account Reserves, Inventory Reserves and Accruals.
· Financial analysis and reporting related to all levels of the balance sheet and P & L for both locations.
· Simplify, standardise and enhance existing reporting across EU Businesses leveraging Data warehouse tools.
· Responsible for maintaining accuracy and integrity of Data reported into Division
· Participate in cross functional teams where data analysis is needed
REQUIREMENTS: Management Account, Europe : Manufacturer
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates with the following:
· A proven track record in a similar role, ideally from manufacturing
· Official qualifications, CIMA / ACCA would be advantageous, although not essential
· Good understanding of cost Accounting
· Demonstrated success in communicating financial information to non-finance personnel
· Track record of data manipulation and providing clear reports that provide value-add information to end users
· Ability to review, evaluate and prioritize tasks / project assignments, identify key issues and escalate to management appropriately
· Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
· Be able to demonstrate the ability to manage team projects team leadership.
· Effective Self-Organisation
· Proficient in the use of core tools e.g. MS Office
· Advanced Excel skills
· There will be some European travel
We are part of a global manufacturing group operating in 57 countries and employing over 48,000 worldwide. Our industrial products and solutions are at work all over the world. From the spaces we live and work, cars we drive through to the mobile devices we rely on, you are never more than a few steps away from one of our innovative, specialist products or solutions.
We are there to ensure materials used to build everything from cars to bridges, aeroplanes, heavy machinery, buildings and railways can handle the stresses of everyday use and help engineers, technicians and mechanics know when those parts have reached the end of their useful life.
We are now looking to strengthen our European Finance team with a high calibre Management Accountant.
The role has been created due to current company growth as well as projected growth plans.
We offer the genuine opportunity for career development within the company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles Company Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Accountant, CIMA, ACCA, AAT
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterston quoting Management Account, Europe : Manufacturer and reference IP15427 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
Group Benefits + Contributory Pension