Management Accountant (Part -Time)
Salary: £35,000 pro rata
We are seeking for an experienced part-time Management Accountant (qualified) to support our client's finance team. This is a part-time role 2-3 days a week based outskirts of Malton. There is flexibility on days and times. This a temporary part-time position which could lead into a permanent role for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant as well as a confident speaker with a good degree of commercial knowledge and be able to interact positively at all levels and be a team player.
Experience in the preparation of Management Accounts is essential as well as P&L and budget responsibility.
The successful candidate should also be able to prioritise and multi-task, particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines, and be flexible and prepared to work additional hours whenever necessary.
The role of a Management Accountant is varied and broad; you will have the opportunity to rotate through different aspects of the finance function and develop your skills, in areas such as:
* Prepare the annual Budget.
* Review spending against budget on a monthly basis with those accountable.
* Preparation of monthly management accounts P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast including commentary.
* Preparation of document pack for the quarterly EPHL meeting.
* Preparation of annual statutory accounts in preparation for audit.
* Oversee the audit process.
* Maintenance of crystal Report Writer and generation of monthly/quarterly reports.
* Update costing model on an annual basis.
* Carry out stock obsolescence process on a six monthly basis.
* Calculate the annual profit related pay scheme, which is paid to all staff at Christmas.
* Conduct the annual product selling price review.
* Correct stock valuation errors on Visual on a monthly basis.
* Advise on "Affordability" of capital expenditure proposals.
* Provide financial modelling for major projects which could have a significant impact on cash because of high upfront costs or extended payment terms.
* Support the management team with financial advice and training as when appropriate.
* Keep abreast of regulatory or legislative changes and advise the board appropriately.
You will require the following
* Strong academics, including a minimum 2:1 or equivalent undergraduate degree
* Part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA/)
* Prior experience working as a Management Accountant or similar role
* Strong IT skills, with a focus on system development
This role will be offered on a part time basis, and as such, the lucky candidate will be able to choose the hours that will work for them. As a business, the Directors are very flexible, they encourage their staff to reach their potential, and value highly each and every person in the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and work somewhere where an individual can really make a tangible difference
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to email@example.com or
£34,000.00 - £35,000.00 per year