Godmanchester, Nr Cambridge
About the Charity:
Passionate about animal welfare, our client is a leading organisation that’s dedicated to improving the lives of creatures great and small.
They are now looking for a Management Accountant to support their financial health and make sure they can continue their excellent work.
- Salary of circa £33,000 per annum
- A range of value-adding benefits
- The chance to expand your career into the charitable sector
- Plenty of support and the potential to advance
If you’re a part or fully qualified accountant with management account experience, this is an exceptional opportunity to make your mark with a truly outstanding organisation.
You’ll discover a supportive and collaborative environment where you will have the chance grow your accountancy and leadership skills whilst making a difference to animals’ lives.
Our client has a rich history, over 270 employees and a strong mission and values system. Their leadership team is experienced, highly talented and have been taking the charity from strength-to-strength since their inception in the 1920s.
The charity now boasts centres across Godmanchester, Heydon and London and have 11 retail shops stretching from St Ives to the heart of England. Financially, they are strong and set to become stronger with year-on-year financial growth and year-end funding of in excess of £30million for the financial year 2016-2017.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and want to join one of the leaders in animal welfare and help make a real difference to the lives of thousands of animals, join our client in Godmanchester and help them achieve more great things.
As a Management Accountant, you will be tasked with providing a comprehensive financial management service to our client’s animal shelters and their trading subsidiary.
Your focus will be on producing monthly management accounts and overseeing two direct reports. You will ensure that all invoicing, payment and cash deadlines are met.
The role will also involve:
- Partnering with other departments to enhance the quality of management accounts
- Assisting the Head of Finance with forecasting, budgeting and year-end processes
- Ensuring proper financial controls are in place to manage and mitigate financial risk
- Managing fixed asset processes, investments and the cash function
- Ensuring quarterly VAT and monthly Gift Aid returns are made accurately
- Reconciling monthly balance sheets
- Leading the Treasury Function
To be considered as a Management Accountant, you will need to be CCAB part qualified, ideally fully qualified.
Experience of the following is also essential:
- Preparing management accounts
- Sales and Purchase Ledger functions
- Assisting with budgeting and reforecasting
- Mid-level accounting software packages
- VAT, payroll and other taxes
- MS Excel
Experience with Sage 200 would be beneficial, as would knowledge of Gift Aid. Experience of business partnering or preparing consolidated statutory accounts for a charity with a trading company would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Fully Qualified Accountant, Accountant, Industry Accountant, or Finance Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you feel you could thrive with a leading animal charity as a Management Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 40 hours per week