We have a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant (role is leaning towardsFinance Business Partner/Finance Analyst level)?to join our team based out of Birmingham (B11), working on the Wates Property Services – Central & North business.
The role will provide finance support on a portfolio of contracts which provides reactive and planned maintenance support to Local Government/ Housing associations.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful applicant will provide business support and data analysis and will work with senior stakeholders within the Finance Team and the rest of the business.
We are looking for a qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA), with Post Qualification Experience in industry, preferably from similar industries or backgrounds. We may consider a passed Finalist.
This is an exciting role within a fast paced environment so strong analytical skills are essential.
You will have a proven track record of working closely with Operations/Commercial teams. Experience in contract management would be beneficial.
This role will include some travel to regional branches within the UK.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts from underlying operational and commercial information
- Working in partnership with Operational and Commercial teams
- Ownership of the Balance Sheet and escalation of issues to the Financial Controller as appropriate
- Fulfilling monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- Responsibility for producing accurate cash flow forecasts, monthly forecasts and annual budget
- Liaising with Internal & External auditors
- Management and oversight of the integrity of cash management
- Driver of continuous improvement ensuring a robust control environment
- Systems management and business process review and improvement
- Provision of adhoc financial analysis as required
- Proactive and self-starting approach
- Working to tight deadlines and ability to prioritise and delegate as appropriate
- Strong time management skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be an advanced and confident user of Excel (including complex macros)
- See the “bigger picture”
- Self-motivating mind-set with a desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to impact at all levels
- Strong analytical and management skills
- Be a clear communicator for finance out in the business
- Have a value added approach
Wates Group was established in 1897 and it is now one of the largest, most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK.
We employ around 4,000 people, working with a diverse range of clients and partners from across the public and private sectors.
Within the Group, Wates Living Space help some of the UK'slocal authorities and housing associations to manage their commitments to create better living environments in their respective areasso that they can keep the local communities happy and thriving. We do that by providing a range of services across the country to build, refurbish, maintain andfix properties and houses which makes for some very interesting, challenging and varied work for our own people.
Our work is guided by inspiring better ways of creating the places, communities and businesses of tomorrow. Our environmental and social sustainability programmes continue to demonstrate our commitment to creating safer, better places for people and communities to thrive. As part of our effort to tackle mental health issues, we signed the Building Mental Health Charter in 2018 and have since trained more than 180 employees as Mental Health First Aiders.
As a responsible and inclusive employer, we are committed to equality and proud to have been recognised for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditations with both Investors in People and C2E (Committed to Equality).
Our In-house Recruitment Team embrace diversity and are focused on finding the best people to join us here at Wates. Apply today and one of our team will be in contact.