Are you an experienced Maintenance Technician looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
We now have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our Household Waste Recycling Site (HWRS) in Worthing, working 48 hours a week, across five days a week.
Joining our team, the Maintenance Technician will carry out professional maintenance and repair to the entire Recycling centre network in West Sussex. This will include fixed and mobile infrastructure and equipment. You'll assist the Maintenance Supervisor with planning works and refurbishment projects on HWRS, Transfer Stations and Material Recycling Facilities as required in West Sussex.
You'll also carry out emergency repairs on road going containers and skips and be reactive in cases of emergency repair requirements. The Maintenance Technician will ensure that all works are undertaken in a safe and effective manner.
The ideal Maintenance Technician:
- Knowledge of minor construction works
- Experience of working in the construction or engineering industry
- Understanding of use of power tools and safe usage
- Key understanding of health and safety practices
- Must be an effective team member
- Good communication skills
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Technician, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life
- Optional contributory healthcare
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras, Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Benefits