Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Job title: Maintenance Technician Mechanical biased
Mission of the role:
• To work safely in compliance with site rules and HSE legislation.
• The role will be multi skilled but heavily biased to mechanical skills.
• To provide a maintenance service to all departments on site providing diagnostic skills, initiating improvements and undertaking preventative maintenance.
• To ensure that all assets and services are maintained to a standard in keeping with business targets and needs
• Taking a proactive approach to Environment, Health and Safety
• Working under the sites Permit To Work, Lock Out Tag Out and Risk Assessment systems..
• Working within a highly regulated industry, upper tier COMAH site.
• Maintaining equipment and working within an ATEX/DSEAR environment.
• Maintaining and fault finding on mechanical drives, linkages, pneumatics, filling lines, mixers etc.
• Completing Planned Maintenance regimes on machinery and assets.
• Reactive maintenance of site assets.
• To undertake site service mechanical maintenance and installation duties as scheduled.
• To accurately complete job records on the Computer Maintenance Management System so that data/tends can be compiled.
• To maintain liquid transfer systems, relief devices, pumps, valves, gaskets etc.
• To maintain and test mechanical Safety Critical Equipment.
• To identify and implement continuous improvements projects.
• To continually self-audit practices and processes, initiating change where able.
• Where applicable, to assist with projects including conception of ideas, installation and commissioning, monitoring and maintaining.
• To be aware of machine efficiencies to ensure that they are performing at optimum levels.
• To put forward improvement recommendations to plant, equipment and working practices where identified.
• To undertake a two shift pattern working Monday to Friday. Weekend work may be offered on an optional basis if a business need arises.
• Any other duties in keeping with the post at the direction of your Manager/Supervisor.
• Mechanically COMPEx trained – Not essential as training will be provided.
• Engineering Technician relevant qualifications i.e Apprenticeship, ONC, NVQ’s or equivalent.
• Previous mechanical maintenance work experience.
• Pneumatic systems fault diagnostics / modifications.
• Ability to diagnose faults to route cause – 5 whys.
• Hazardous site such as chemical experience would be an advantage.
• Pipe break-ins and pipefitting.
• Understanding of Engineering drawings – electrical schematics.
• Preventative and Proactive maintenance experience.
• Electrical diagnostics and PLC knowledge.
• Knowledge, effective use and development of PPM systems.
• ATEX/DSEAR knowledge/Experience would be an advantage.
• An understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
• Awareness of COMAH.
• Computer literate.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Who we are –
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.