At TT Electronics, you will meet dedicated people who believe that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether it’s advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people – working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Our passion? Simplifying the development of complex electronics… it’s the reason we exist as an organisation. Our way of life? Fostering a culture that values individuals as well as community and teamwork.
Join us – and work with a team that believes success is measured by more than the bottom line, where you’ll find opportunities to achieve your goals, contribute to the lives of others, and build a brighter, smarter future, together.
Our Abercynon facility is located in the beautiful South Wales Valleys. As part of the Power Electronics division featuring the AB Connectors brand, we are a recognised market leader in the design and manufacture of connectors and electrical harness systems used in harsh environments for aerospace and defence, transportation and industrial industries. We employ 160 people and with over 50 years of history, TT Electronics plays a vital part in the Abercynon community. Our future looks brighter than ever, with new products being launched and a strong development roadmap to support our growth strategy.
To support the operations team in a fast paced multi-shift manufacturing environment through the implementation of Planned and Preventative Maintenance activities, identifying root cause for equipment breakdown and implementing short term corrective actions and where appropriate developing systems and processes to prevent re-occurrence across the CNC machine shop, plating shop and assembly.
- Carrying out PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) of assigned equipment (CNC Lathes, Milling Machines, plating systems and automated assembly equipment).
- Identification of critical spares requirements of assigned equipment and working with the team to maintain stock levels of critical spares and consumable materials.
- Providing feedback on the effectiveness of the PPM activities in conjunction with breakdown analysis to identify further opportunities for improvement.
- Completion of all required documentation relating to PPM and breakdown activities.
- Ensuring all work carried out is inline with HSE requirements and company procedures and safety guidelines.
- Provide technical advice to support problem solving activities and identifying innovative solutions.
- Communicating with production staff to identify problems and liaising with suppliers and machine tool specialists to resolve issues.
- General electrical, compressed air and air extraction installation and modification activities across the site.
- Previous experience of maintaining CNC machine tools.
- Previous experience of maintaining automated processes.
- Working knowledge of Fanuc control systems.
- Excellent communications skills
- Working knowledge of technical Health and safety requirements.
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in an engineering discipline or relevant previous experience is essential.
Desireable Skills and Experience
- HNC or HND in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations Certificate.
- HS&E qualifications – IOSH or NEBOSH.
- Previous experience of Siemens and NUM control systems.
- Previous experience of Bumotec & Emco machine tools.
- Previous experience in plating processes and controls.