Maintenance Supervisor/Plant Engineer
A vacancy opportunity has arisen within the Maintenance Team in Preston for a Maintenance Supervisor/Plant Engineer to join the team. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the main purpose of this role is to maximise plant, equipment and tooling uptime by the development of preventive, remedial and emergency repair techniques. Alongside this, you will be involved with direct day to day management and co-ordination of a team of skilled tradespeople in maintenance activities.
As a Maintenance Supervisor/Plant Engineer, you will:
- Provide support to the Maintenance Manager
- Indirectly manage and ultilise supporting maintenance administration staff to achieve departmental objectives
- Manage and control the budget for the maintenance of all operational plant equipment, services and press tools.
- Co-ordinate and manager the activity of all direct reports, including the discipline, morale and performance of the team. Alongside this, you will train, develop and coach where required.
- Ensure that all activities comply with the most recent legislation
- Evaluate, create and implement PPM, TPM and Statutory maintenance strategies and co-ordinate the completion of these to reasonable timescales
- Maintain the supply of primary services, such as gas, HV electricity, air and water to all factory and office facilities within scope of influence for all operational business hours
- Manage and prioritise a fast & efficient breakdown maintenance response of the available resources.
- Manage and maintain records of all asset service activities.
- Provide engineering/technical support to all departments to facilitate new product, process & equipment introduction from design/development phase into production and throughout the production life.
- Carry out investigation and analysis on any asset within the scope to improve processes and systems in both direct and indirect areas by applying latest technologies.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Ideally a HNC level or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Proven working experience in a similar related role, with three to five years’ experience in a management role
- Capable of managing and prioritising various maintenance projects and tasks, some of which may be outside their normal experience.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, capable of working both individually and within a team, organised, and someone who has an excellent eye for detail.
Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
Recruitment Agency notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs via our online recruitment system. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
If you are interested in providing recruitment services to us please let us know by emailing email@example.com We will retain your details for consideration when we next review our PSL.