Under the direction of the Engineering Manager the position will be responsible for the facility and process maintenance programme. Including line management responsibility for the maintenance technicians and ensuring maintenance activity is completed to a high standard and on time
The role will also be responsible for assisting the Engineering Manager with facility design & operation, project management, documentation & procedural updates, introduction and assessment of preventative maintenance schedules for new and existing equipment, training, and other applicable responsibilities concerning the facility and process maintenance.
- Engineering or technical degree, and/or equivalent experience and demonstrated capabilities in facility and process engineering, design, operation, maintenance, construction, and project management. Oversight and management of mechanical, electrical, water systems, and other support utilities and systems (clean rooms, HVAC, waste water systems, compressed air, chilled water, etc.) operation within the facility.
- Hands on experience working directly in a facilities engineering role. Must have a good working understanding of facility operation, facility design, facility qualification, maintenance, documentation, service, safety, and good overall mechanical and design aptitude. Preferred understanding of GMP's and other related regulatory engineering standards for facility design and methods. Facility qualification experience and good engineering methods (commissioning, SAT/FAT) preferred.
- Position will work within the engineering team to coordinate the design, operation, and support of multiple facilities support systems within a controlled operating and manufacturing environment. The maintenance supervisor will also be responsible for the maintenance activities associated with the chamber manufacturing equipment. Candidate will be expected to work closely with other departments to ensure project requirements are met therefore excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Management of day-to-day maintenance of facilities, plant and manufacturing equipment. Ensuring, where possible, lost production time due to breakdowns or malfunctions is kept to a minimum by employing a robust preventative maintenance schedule. Managing tasks within Maximo and in assuring preventive maintenance work orders are completed on time and properly documented
- Responsibility for organising out of hours work, where required, to complete planned preventative maintenance, requested maintenance and improvement activities.
- Management of maintenance tier 1 meeting including assigning work priorities for maintenance technicians to ensure requested maintenance activities are completed on time. Responsibility to deputise for Engineering Manager at tier 2 meeting where required
- Management and responsibility for spare parts, ensuring the department maintains enough spare parts to adequately cover breakdowns which could potentially interrupt production.
- Schedule and where necessary perform planned preventative maintenance in accordance with the computerized maintenance management system. Ability to modify existing maintenance schedules and develop new schedules where necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of key engineering projects on site, including facility modification, in collaboration with the other members of the engineering team and under the direction of the Engineering Manager
- Effective communication with other departments regarding changes to the facility or equipment. Coordinate with departments where shutdown work is required to complete PPM works
- Ability to implement safe systems of work for both planned maintenance and reactive maintenance covering work carried out by employees on site and external contractors.
- Management of external contractors on site, including but not limited to; pre-work instructions, post completion meetings/checking of work, safety documentation requests and reviews, inductions to site, creating permits to work, performing in-progress inspections and keeping a record (through the CMMS system) off all maintenance work carried out across the site.
- Responsibility to ensure all work carried out complies with all relevant regulatory requirements including cGMP.
- Negotiate new maintenance contracts for facility equipment
- Liaise with departmental managers and Process/manufacturing engineers, at design stage, to ensure that all facility, utility and or maintenance requirements of any new equipment required can be fulfilled.
- Ensure first responders for all facility and process downtime issues are always in place.
- Manage team holidays to ensure cover across each shift during holiday periods.